No Chatter About The G-vectoring Upgrade

:
2018 Mazda CX-5
So, Ive seen a lot of chatter about the new 2.5T engine and how nice the added power makes the car. I do feel like the base engine lags before you actually get a slight power jolt. I however havent seem much talk about the new 2019 G-vectoring system upgrade. Any thoughts or inputs about the new suspension for those that have it? On the 2018 the suspension feels fine and sporty, but you definitely feel the pull around turns if you get on it.

It has not, 2018 and older are plain G-vectoring. Apparently there was an upgrade to the suspension, and it is now called G-vectoring Control Plus.

[emoji23] ok. Well I dont even notice basic g-vector. [emoji2369]

Is there a notable difference?

[emoji23] ok. Well I dont even notice basic g-vector. [emoji2369]

Is there a notable difference?

That's the point. It is designed so it is NOT NOTICEABLE. Is was engineered to be unnoticeable.

Only way would be to test the cornering and see what times and G's you can pull

From here: http://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2018/201810/181011c.html

"The original G-Vectoring Control, the first technology in the SKYACTIV-Vehicle Dynamics series, was the world's first control system to vary engine torque in response to steering inputs in order to provide integrated control of lateral and longitudinal acceleration forces and optimize the vertical load on each wheel for smooth and efficient vehicle motion.

GVC Plus uses the brakes to add direct yaw moment control for further enhanced handling stability. As the driver steers out of a corner by returning the steering wheel to the center position, GVC Plus applies a light braking force to the outer wheels, providing a stabilizing moment that helps restore the vehicle to straight line running. The system realizes consistently smooth transitions between yaw, roll and pitch even under high cornering forces, improving the vehicle's ability to accurately track sudden steering inputs and crisply exit corners. In addition to improving handling in emergency collision avoidance maneuvers, GVC Plus offers a reassuring feeling of control when changing lanes on the highway and when driving on snow or other slippery road surfaces."

so in lamens terms

• Basic G Vectoring = torque adjustments based on steering input.
  • G Vectoring plus = torque adjustments AND slight braking.

p.s. I think it's funny we're referring to it as "basic" (rlaugh)

so in lamens terms

• Basic G Vectoring = torque adjustments based on steering input.
  • G Vectoring plus = torque adjustments AND slight braking.

p.s. I think it's funny we're referring to it as "basic" (rlaugh)

Just a friendly FYI, the correct term is "layman's terms". :)

I'm surprised at how well GVC works. I've tested it on road trips using my 2018 and a loaner 2017 that doesn't have GVC, and you can definitely notice the difference when entering and exiting an on/off ramp. Not that there's anything wrong with the 2017, it's just that the car feels like it handles the turn a little better with GVC.

I'm surprised at how well GVC works. I've tested it on road trips using my 2018 and a loaner 2017 that doesn't have GVC, and you can definitely notice the difference when entering and exiting an on/off ramp. Not that there's anything wrong with the 2017, it's just that the car feels like it handles the turn a little better with GVC.

GVC was standard for 2017 cx-5.

The GVC would have been the same in those two vehicles you mention.

That's the point. It is designed so it is NOT NOTICEABLE. Is was engineered to be unnoticeable.

Only way would be to test the cornering and see what times and G's you can pull

It's subtle, and as you point out it is designed to be, but I noticed the effect on my initial test drive. That moment in most cars when you suddenly realize you need to make a mid-corner steering correction just doesn't happen in the new Mazdas, and I could sense a little bit mechanically what the car was doing to make that happen. It literally made the salesman's day. He was so excited to meet a customer who not only knew about the G-Vectoring before being told but also appreciated what it was supposed to do.

I cross drive '17CX5 and '16Mazda6. I can feel the difference from G-Vectoring.
It makes the drive less exciting, but smoother. I don't see it as a negative, though.

GVC was standard for 2017 cx-5.

The GVC would have been the same in those two vehicles you mention.

Sorry, forgot to mention that I was comparing CX-9s, not CX-5s. 2018 was the first year that it was implemented on the CX-9.

I had a 2018 GT and upgraded to a 2019 GTR for the engine. Handling wise I do not notice a difference. I do however notice the 2019 has much more of a rake to it. The front is definitely higher than the back and the car is not level. Most people think I'm crazy but I notice it.

I had a 2018 GT and upgraded to a 2019 GTR for the engine. Handling wise I do not notice a difference. I do however notice the 2019 has much more of a rake to it. The front is definitely higher than the back and the car is not level. Most people think I'm crazy but I notice it.

So you think the 2019's aren't even keeled? Interesting..

So you think the 2019's aren't even keeled? Interesting..
Not terribly and it gets better each day. I'm thinking the front springs needed to settle. My car only had 3 miles on it when I got it. Was just curious if anyone else noticed on their GTR or Signature.

I have not noticed this. At least it is not something that is obvious. Maybe take a picture and show us what you're seeing.

Latest posts

Back