A year later, still averaging 20 MPG on 2018 GT AWD Mazda CX-5. Is that normal?

And new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid also has more power than non-hybrid RAV4 with sport suspension, that*s something new too!

Yes, it is the fastest RAV4. And with that gas mileage, it won't take that long to recoup the extra cost over a non-hybrid RAV4.

Resale is very good for Toyota hybrids in general because the batteries rarely fail before 250,000 miles. New York taxis (at least when I was there a few years ago) are primarily Camry and Prius vehicles. Most are using NiMH batteries but I'm sure lithium batteries approved by Toyota are going to last a long time. The average owner sells his or her car long before 250K miles.

Pretty sure those batteries decrease the amount of recharge over time....kind of like laptop batteries. You can usually buy new batteries to have them professionally installed though.

I'll bet that if you could water-cool lithium batteries in laptops, they'd last longer than they do. My wife's 4600 lb 2006 Lexus RX400h still averages 25-27 MPG after almost 14 years and 122,000 miles. (We bought it in 2005.)

Back