Heater core TSB

Anyone have information on the heater core TSB? Specifically the affected VINs. The information below is all i could find after hours of searching.

My 16.5 CX5 GT seems to be taking longer than it should to get the cabin warm. Takes about 20 minutes of mixed driving when Temps are below 20F. I dont have any codes. My 16 Mazda3 takes about half that.

I removed the glove box and some of the interior trim to access the inlet and outlet tubes don the heater core. After a 25 mile drive(half at highway speeds), the outlet tube was cooler. Hot, but I could keep my finger on it for more than a second, unlike the intlet tube. I would expect some different since its essentially a radiator with a fan cooling it. Just purchased an infrared thermometer that should be arriving this afternoon. Ill take some readings to know how big of a difference in temp there is.

SA218

2013-2016 CX-5 WITH DTC P011A WITH OVERHEATING AND/OR POOR HEATER PERFORMANCE

You may have partially clogged heater core. If your 16.5 CX-5 still has new car warranty, don*t wait, just take it to your Mazda dealer checking up your heating performance. Even if you dont have new car warranty, contact Customer Experience Center at Mazda North American Operations seeking for help. Replacing heater cord isnt cheap, and DIY isnt easy either.

Heater Core

Back