Rear bumper and tailgates chrome bars replacement

SDL

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 GT
Long story short, got a small ding on my car. It broke both rear chrome bars on the bumper and tailgate, and also have a small, but noticeable dent at the bottom of the tailgate with some scratch. I was quoted $2100 for the repair. I don't want to make an insurance claim to avoid my rates from going up, and I also don't think it's worth $2100. It's barely noticeable but I know it's there so it bothers me.
Already used the touch-up paint to cover the scratches. I want to avoid corrosion on the paint. I was wondering if anyone has replaced those chrome bars? Any help, guidance, procedures, or even places to buy them would be appreciate it. Also, if there are any good methods to get small dents out?

That seems like a very high estimate for what you described. Was this the dealers quote. I'd take it to at least two reputable independent body shops for an estimate. A scratch that has broken the paint is tough and maybe they are quoteing repainting the whole thing? Not sure but I know how you feel. This new CX-9 is primarily the wife 's car so I know It won't stay perfect forever.

It is high. I think they are just used to people making claims. It honestly doesn*t look too bad. I*m waiting to hear back from the dealer on the chrome bars. I covered the scratch with the touch up paint. Might try to fix the dent myself. I*ll look some videos online if I can*t find a reasonable prices. I can see the hump from the inside so wondering if hammering that carefully will make it pop on the other side. But I*m not as bothered by it as the other day.

Dealer quote: bottom piece: $103. Top piece: $574!

I need new tires, I think I rather spend the money on that!

Back