2019 Signature Vibration/Shake

took my signature past 70mph and did not feel any vibration on my steering wheel. I would know because I always felt a vibration with my snow tires on my Mazda 3 if not balanced properly.

I know what you all are talking about. Its something I have only noticed below 40*f, ambient, and it goes away once you've driven a good bit or the day warms up. I wonder if the tires are prone to flatspotting.

If anyone test drove a new CX5 less than 10 miles and especially in cold weather, Im willing to bet any vibration was caused by slightly under inflated tires and flat spotting. Goes away once tires are properly inflated and warmed up.

Reading thru 6 pages of threads, my guess is that Mazda could have received a bad batch of Toyo A36 tires for '19.
Our '17 GT also came with Toyo A36 and I can assure you that the drive is silky smooth on highway from 0mph to 85mph.

Keep us posted on how long your new Michelin tires last, Id be very interested to know.

The stock Michelin Primacy tires on my van were completely done by 20k. However, thats a cheaper level Michelin and the van weighs over 2 tons. It seems to chew up tires no matter the brand based on others experiences. Ill be tickled if my new set of Goodyear ComforTred Assurance tires on the van hold up half as well as the Goodyear set on my 13 CX5. The stock Yokohama tires on my CX-5 were shot by 30k and were pretty cruddy their whole life compared to the Goodyear tires.

I'm another with no vibration issue ...

I think some folks might be more sensitive to this than others.

For those that have the stock wheels and tires with have no noticeable vibrations, take a quick look at the passenger seat back and headrest when no one is in it at around 67-75. Is it dancing away? Obviously be safe and only look quickly as if you were looking over your shoulder to change lanes.

For those that have the stock wheels and tires with have no noticeable vibrations, take a quick look at the passenger seat back and headrest when no one is in it at around 67-75. Is it dancing away? Obviously be safe and only look quickly as if you were looking over your shoulder to change lanes.

I would also ask to do this in any car with an empty passenger front seat. You will see it moving. Trust me.

Id like to add I think its temperature driven. Now that temperatures have increased here I feel the vibration ever so slightly. The Michelins definitely killed the majority of it and often times its not present. But I take the same route to and from work every day. Some days I feel it, some days I dont.

I have about 2000 miles on my signature and I have been experiencing vibration since 600 miles in. Maybe the newness wore off? :)
The vibration is mainly felt through the accelerator pedal, floor, and seat. On smooth roads, it is a high frequency, low magnitude vibration - kind of like a ticklish feeling in the pedal. On rougher roads, the ride is pretty harsh and uncomfortable.

I looked at the passenger seat and it does vibrate - moving back and forth a bit. None of the mirrors are vibrating.

I have brought the car to the dealer and and they checked the balance of the tires (spin balanced; not road force balanced) and rotated the tires. This did not help. I also sat in the passenger seat while the technician drove and felt the vibrations in the seat.

I have double checked the lug nuts and all of them have been torqued to 90 lb-ft after the dealer rotated the tires.

The CX-5 has Toyo A36 tires with the manufacturing date of 43rd week 2018 (I only checked one tire). Vehicle was purchased mid December 2018.
Each wheel has 8+ weight weights as well.

Anybody have any suggestions? Should I just go to America's Tire and road force balance there and not at the dealership? Or should I just get brand new Michelins?

No, its notable. Its not something some people would miss unless you're used to some offroad vehicle on swamper tires or something.

Could the vibration issues be a result of the new suspension tuning? Dave Coleman (Mazda Engineer) explains the changes in the video:

Also, wasn't there some suspension port work done on the first batch of 2019 CX-5s arriving from Japan?

Could the vibration issues be a result of the new suspension tuning? Dave Coleman (Mazda Engineer) explains the changes in the video:

Also, wasn't there some suspension port work done on the first batch of 2019 CX-5s arriving from Japan?

Where did you hear of this suspension work at the port?

Vibration/shake/early Port rework

It was in the 2019 CX-5 USA thread. One of the members here mentioned it.

There was an early batch of them that had a potential muffler bracket contact issue that were corrected at port or dealer upon arrival. As far as vibrations are concerned there are a couple things to consider.. One being perception. If you are coming from a land-yacht with 15" wheels and a cushy suspension, there can be an expectation of a similar ride. Of which there will be no pleasing the driver. We all have this expectation of having a smooth as glass ride on 18 to 20" wheels. (myself included). When the technician is driving the car with you, his experience is from driving many other CX-5 's that all "feel"similar. That being said... Dealers have a 2-part pdi process. Part 1 makes sure everything works and checks for any reworks needed, part 2, gets it ready for the customer. When the cars arrive from port, the tire pressures are between 48-50 psi. This is to help in transport and help with flatspots. Most dealers will set the pressures just prior to delivery. I'm in new England, the cold weather does not help with flat spots if it sits for any length of time. My experience with the toyos were that they wear uneven and pretty quick especially if not rotated often. My solution... I put the Pirelli centuratto p7's on at 2 miles. Very happy with these. Stick like glue, quiet, smooth and decent snow traction. There are not many good choices in this size.

Back