2019 Signature Vibration/Shake

I'm driving a 2019 signature but within a week of owning it I switched to Rays wheels and Firestone tires and it drives super smooth like butter. No vibration at all.

I'm driving a 2019 signature but within a week of owning it I switched to Rays wheels and Firestone tires and it drives super smooth like butter. No vibration at all.

wondering if the culprit could be the design of the OEM rims? maybe this particular design causes some type of turbulence around the wheels causing this vibration?

When this happens, will someone please shift into neutral to lower revs to idle and see if the vibration persists.

I did try this while having my shake issue as I thought it could be related. It was not the case for me. The Michelins are the only thing that made a difference.

To this day, Mazda hasnt reached out at all, nor has the dealer. I had to email the service manager to inform him I resolved it to which he responded and said he would contact Mazda. That was a couple weeks ago at least. Its unfortunate but Im just happy I can finally enjoy the car.

Last edited:
Just curious what youre expecting from this. Myself and the OP have had the issue resolved with better quality tires.

To eliminate the possibility that the vibration is engine related. Some posts have speculated on that.

Glad your problem is resolved, but it sounded like some others are not.

any pics?

lowered1.jpg

lowered3.jpg

wondering if the culprit could be the design of the OEM rims? maybe this particular design causes some type of turbulence around the wheels causing this vibration?

I'm thinking it's either an OEM wheel or tire issue as well.

Mine did it the other day. Bad around 70. My opinion is that its the tires flatspotting, when you park the car and its warm and then gets cold over night. I had a trans am in the early 2000s that did the same thing. It was fine this afternoon. Definitely temp related.

We had ours up to about 85 yesterday with no vibrations. The weather was in the 40's, so not that cold if this is also weather related.

Only read the first OPs post. Our signature has a hint of vibration in the same range on the highway. Its funny that you ended up solving your vibration problem with new Michelin tires. Ive done exactly the same with two other cars, lol! I pretty much only buy Michelin branded tires now as Ive never had an issue with them. I also think that the Michelins seem to have more consistent build quality -perhaps exactly for the reason the Discount Tire employee told you regarding tire construction. When the time comes to replace our tires on the CX-5, Ill be looking at Michelins again.

And some of the vibration is probably flat spotting when parked in cold temps. First thing Id do if any of you are havin tire vibration issues is check your cold tire pressure to make sure its in spec. Tires with low air pressure + sitting overnight or for longer periods = recipe for flat spotting more than normal.

Status Update:
Saw dealer last Wednesday at 8am. Was told by a rep there would hear within 24 hours. Have heard nothing so I contacted customer care today. This is what followed.

Thank you for your patience John. I contacted the service adviser "Jesus" at Cardinaleway Mazda and was advised that the Technician reached out via phone to the hotline team. The adviser says there has not been a hotline ticket open on the concerns as of yet. The service adviser says the dealership is supposed to open a case with hotline tomorrow and contact you with the updates on this matter.
I provided my contact information and I am sending a email to the Service Adviser, Service Manager, and Technician to keep me in the loop and to open a hotline ticket with Mazda Corporate involved on this matter. I will keep a close eye and assist as needed. The adviser says the concerns were duplicated on the vehicle as well as on two other 2019 CX5 at the dealership. At this point the dealership is investigating if this is a normal feature or needs to be diagnosed.

I got a little irritated as this seems to be getting worse, by the mile in my opinion. Eventually Im sure whatever it is will come to light. To be continued...

I almost purchased a 2019 CX-5 Signature today. I took it for one last drive and noticed this vibration you are all discussing. Tried a second vehicle and same thing. Only from about 55-69 mph. I must have driven too fast the last two times I test drove it. I was enjoying the turbo coming from a large Ford Freestyle with no pep.

I was going to buy it today and pick it up tomorrow, but the vibration couldn't be ignored. It drove so nice slowly and fast over 70. I read through this thread, but got a little confused. I think you said the Michelin Premiere LTX tires fixed the problem in an early post, but in this post you said it was getting worse by the mile. Did it seem to fix it and then get worse so you had to take the back roads. Sorry if I am misunderstanding something. It has been a long day. I even drove across the street and tested a CRV on the same highway to see if it might be the road, since my 13 year old car would not be a good comparison. The CRV was smooth at those speeds. I really can't see buying it at this point and testing to see if the Michelin's fix it for me, but was hoping to hear how your experience has been the last couple of weeks. I was so set and excited and now I have no idea what my next move it. I had such a good deal lined up. Thank you.

I almost purchased a 2019 CX-5 Signature today. I took it for one last drive and noticed this vibration you are all discussing. Tried a second vehicle and same thing. Only from about 55-69 mph. I must have driven too fast the last two times I test drove it. I was enjoying the turbo coming from a large Ford Freestyle with no pep.

I was going to buy it today and pick it up tomorrow, but the vibration couldn't be ignored. It drove so nice slowly and fast over 70. I read through this thread, but got a little confused. I think you said the Michelin Premiere LTX tires fixed the problem in an early post, but in this post you said it was getting worse by the mile. Did it seem to fix it and then get worse so you had to take the back roads. Sorry if I am misunderstanding something. It has been a long day. I even drove across the street and tested a CRV on the same highway to see if it might be the road, since my 13 year old car would not be a good comparison. The CRV was smooth at those speeds. I really can't see buying it at this point and testing to see if the Michelin's fix it for me, but was hoping to hear how your experience has been the last couple of weeks. I was so set and excited and now I have no idea what my next move it. I had such a good deal lined up. Thank you.

The post you quoted was from before he resolved it. The new tires resolved the matter for him. I swapped my OEM Toyos out for Pirelli Cinturato and that made it better but didn't completely resolve it, so maybe the Michellins are better tires.

Resolved: 19 Signature Vibration/Shake

The post you quoted was from before he resolved it. The new tires resolved the matter for him. I swapped my OEM Toyos out for Pirelli Cinturato and that made it better but didn't completely resolve it, so maybe the Michellins are better tires.
If a $39K vehicle which requires specific tire brand and model such as Michelin Premier LTX to make it smooth at 55~69 mph, then Mazda should equip its CX-5 with such tires only, not Toyo A36 which vibrates.

IMO there certainly have issues somewhere and in no way a vehicle can only be fitted with a single brand of tires which will cost owner extra $1,000 to eliminate the vibration.

If a $39K vehicle which requires specific tire brand and model such as Michelin Premier LTX to make it smooth at 55~69 mph, then Mazda should equip its CX-5 with such tires only, not Toyo A36 which vibrates.

IMO there certainly have issues somewhere and in no way a vehicle can only be fitted with a single brand of tires which will cost owner extra $1,000 to eliminate the vibration.

+1. Unacceptable.
But mine [17 GT] doesn't vibrate like this, so it can't simply be the tires.

I agree with you completely. I really like the car and am having difficulty finding something comparable at that price point that has some get up and go, with similar features. I do agree that if the car needs a specific tire to run well that is an issue. What if Michelin decides to stop making it or "improves" it and changes the ride on the Mazda. I want to go to the dealer and get the car, but I don't want to have this issue to contend with for the next 10 years. Seems from this board and others it has been a problem for years. Wish Mazda had taken care of it. I assume like me most test drive it going fast because this car can handle it well and don't hang long enough in that speed range to cause it. I only did because there was a bit of traffic yesterday.

Anyway thanks for all your clarification. It had been a long day yesterday and I was having trouble following.

Back