2019 Signature Vibration/Shake

Could you share more details on tire batch, I got my cx5 last month and feels the vibration or humping on all kind of roads, I can double check if my tires too belongs on same batch. Today I took my car to dealer and they said it has wheel balancing issue but I can still feels the vibration. I am gonna drive for a while today before I go back to dealer.

Adding input FWIW. Took delivery of Sig on May 31. So far, 320 miles. I have a truck which I*ve been using as my daily driver, CX sits in garage. Drove today (after reading this thread last night), did NOT notice any vibration. It wasn*t driven for several days.

I don*t know how to tell tire production date, but car built in 4/2019. I have the Toyo tires.

I get a bit glassy eyed at these accounts of vibrations and I don*t for one minute disagree that it happens but what I do disagree is that it is down to manufacturing faults. It isn*t possible for an out of balance wheel to get out of the factory and even if it got damaged in transit, the car is run up on a test rig at the end of the production line so it would get caught there. They do NOT allow a car out with a wheel wobble or any other vibration. Where it starts to go wrong is when humans get involved. Before a customer gets his pride and joy, the object that often cost more than the new owners first house is referred to as a *unit* and they are treated with very little respect. Dealers rarely have more land than they need to store units and they are squeezed in like sardines. There is usually an *odd job* man fetching the car off the compound, a mechanic (I refuse to use the term *tech*), a valeter and a salesman all having a little play and any car that has been used as a demo has had every kind of novice testing their skills at it. What I do know is that if a car vibrates it does it because something has happened in that period between being a unit and a possession. If a ton of car hits a curb, there is very good chance that something is going to knocked out of balance or bent.

I get a bit glassy eyed at these accounts of vibrations and I don*t for one minute disagree that it happens but what I do disagree is that it is down to manufacturing faults. It isn*t possible for an out of balance wheel to get out of the factory and even if it got damaged in transit, the car is run up on a test rig at the end of the production line so it would get caught there. They do NOT allow a car out with a wheel wobble or any other vibration. Where it starts to go wrong is when humans get involved. Before a customer gets his pride and joy, the object that often cost more than the new owners first house is referred to as a *unit* and they are treated with very little respect. Dealers rarely have more land than they need to store units and they are squeezed in like sardines. There is usually an *odd job* man fetching the car off the compound, a mechanic (I refuse to use the term *tech*), a valeter and a salesman all having a little play and any car that has been used as a demo has had every kind of novice testing their skills at it. What I do know is that if a car vibrates it does it because something has happened in that period between being a unit and a possession. If a ton of car hits a curb, there is very good chance that something is going to knocked out of balance or bent.

I'm actually more willing to bet that there are a few contributing factors. 1) The switch to a rigid mounted steering rack has contributed to the increase in vibration complaints, me being one. I had a Gen 1 and never had any complaints and don't remember as many complaints as there have been with the Gen 2. It may not indicate any serious issue with the car, but more of an annoyance to owners who weren't expecting it. 2) While Mazda does do the testing at the end of the line, there could have been a calibration error in the machine. That or the machine doesn't take into account the varying type of road surfaces we all drive on depending on where we live and the vibration might be more present on certain surfaces and not caught by the machines. 3) Mazda has even recently put out a TSB for people complaining of vibrations saying that a specific Hunter balance machine should be used and if the dealer doesn't have one to contract out the work. That again leads me to think that either the rigid mounted rack or some other design "issue" causes vibrations to be amplified if a wheel is slightly out of balance.

Any of those seem to be much more likely, along with things like dealers not properly inflating the tires to the correct PSI or leaving them at the shipping PSI (50+) like my case.

I*m open minded about your comments but the thing with mass produced cars is that they are all the same. I*ve had 3 KFs and rented 2 (one is outside my villa as we speak). They have all been ultra smooth so why would that be of it was a design weakness? The KF has the fixed steering rack but it has hydraulic suspension mounts to counter it.

Tyres, yes. If they get away from the dealer with the transit pressures, they might not just vibrate but permanently ruin them.

I'm actually more willing to bet that there are a few contributing factors. 1) The switch to a rigid mounted steering rack has contributed to the increase in vibration complaints, me being one. I had a Gen 1 and never had any complaints and don't remember as many complaints as there have been with the Gen 2. It may not indicate any serious issue with the car, but more of an annoyance to owners who weren't expecting it. 2) While Mazda does do the testing at the end of the line, there could have been a calibration error in the machine. That or the machine doesn't take into account the varying type of road surfaces we all drive on depending on where we live and the vibration might be more present on certain surfaces and not caught by the machines. 3) Mazda has even recently put out a TSB for people complaining of vibrations saying that a specific Hunter balance machine should be used and if the dealer doesn't have one to contract out the work. That again leads me to think that either the rigid mounted rack or some other design "issue" causes vibrations to be amplified if a wheel is slightly out of balance.

Any of those seem to be much more likely, along with things like dealers not properly inflating the tires to the correct PSI or leaving them at the shipping PSI (50+) like my case.

Do you mind sharing the TSB for the Hunter balance machine? When i brought it to the dealer, they used the balancer but did not do a road force balance. They just balanced the tires normally.

My vibration is still there but less pronounced. I think the tires are prone to flat spotting. I am at 6000 miles on my signature and can't wait to get rid of these tires.

Do you mind sharing the TSB for the Hunter balance machine? When i brought it to the dealer, they used the balancer but did not do a road force balance. They just balanced the tires normally.

My vibration is still there but less pronounced. I think the tires are prone to flat spotting. I am at 6000 miles on my signature and can't wait to get rid of these tires.

Sent you a PM.

I*m open minded about your comments but the thing with mass produced cars is that they are all the same. I*ve had 3 KFs and rented 2 (one is outside my villa as we speak). They have all been ultra smooth so why would that be of it was a design weakness? The KF has the fixed steering rack but it has hydraulic suspension mounts to counter it.

Tyres, yes. If they get away from the dealer with the transit pressures, they might not just vibrate but permanently ruin them.

My vibration is not always consistent, so I'm willing to be some sort of combination of speed, road surface, and weather conditions all contributes to it. My dealer had originally swapped my wheels/tires with another new one off the lot and then I swapped my Toyos out for Pirellis and it was still there, so that should eliminate any potential tire issues. I've learned to ignore it as the bigger annoyance is the popping/clunking when making a turn that replacing the lower control arm bushings didn't fix.

When I purchased new wheels+Tires for my mazda6.....it had a vibration issue on the freeway but not on street. Long story short I noticed all tires having PSI too low. Varied in each tire too. Added air to spec and vibration went away.

Same issue on a *19 GT. Was very bad at first then some users on this forum said check tire pressure. Sure enough dealer delivered car with 50+ PSI in all four tires. Let air out to 35 PSI and it was seemingly resolved but really it was just reduced. After driving for a another week or so I realized the problem still exists. Steering wheel and seat shake at highway speeds. Took it to Mazda who road force balanced and then service tech took me on a ride. The highway we drove on wasn*t the smoothest and me being in the passenger seat kind of threw me off because I didn*t really feel it and neither did the service tech. But wouldn*t you know it as soon as I drove off the lot myself I felt it. Now I wander aimlessly in forum oblivion looking for answers.

That's pretty definitive.

Does anyone know if this happened RIGHT from the dealership on delivery?

I've got about 6500km on mine, and mine have been super quiet, and not a peep of anything wrong at all.

I noticed the shimmy from day 2 of my ownership. First I relied on the dealerships that they would fix (presumably find and fix) the problem. But three dealerships and there is nothing wrong with the car. Then I took it on myself. Six months went by! The car at at the dealership as I write this post, probably for the sixth or seventh time with YouTube link with Mazda Corp and Dealership.

That's pretty definitive.

Does anyone know if this happened RIGHT from the dealership on delivery?

I've got about 6500km on mine, and mine have been super quiet, and not a peep of anything wrong at all.

I noticed the shimmy from day 2 of my ownership. First I relied on the dealerships that they would fix (presumably find and fix) the problem. But three dealerships and there is nothing wrong with the car. Then I took it on myself. Six months went by! The car at at the dealership as I write this post, probably for the sixth or seventh time with YouTube link with Mazda Corp and Dealership.

It was hard to tell. The tire is going to be expanding and contracting as the driver crosees any irregularities. A video of it being balanced would have been more useful.

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I have been having issues with vibrations and shimmying at those speeds(Mazda 3 2019) Mine appears to be related to Cylinder Deactivation vibration. Have you considered this?

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I have been having issues with vibrations and shimmying at those speeds(Mazda 3 2019) Mine appears to be related to Cylinder Deactivation vibration. Have you considered this?

Since the OP has a turbo, that couldn't be the case.

Back