Turbo: nobody home?

Take it to your dealer.
Complain to the new sales manager. Complain to the salesman you bought it from. Complain to the service department.

Of course don't do it in a petulant way, but let them know you want the issue forwarded up the chain. That is what I did today, and supplied them with videos of the failure to accelerate normally. If they get enough customers complaining, they WILL address the problem, but you need to go to your dealer and get the ball rolling.

Unfortunately, my dealer is 2 hours away so it requires a lot of effort for me to get there(child care, time off work etc). Now that the average temperature is warmer, its unlikely Id be able to replicate the issue by the time I could make arrangements to get down there.

I appreciate your efforts so far and hope you can at least get a reasonable explanation from Mazda.

Unfortunately, my dealer is 2 hours away so it requires a lot of effort for me to get there(child care, time off work etc). Now that the average temperature is warmer, it*s unlikely I*d be able to replicate the issue by the time I could make arrangements to get down there.

I appreciate your efforts so far and hope you can at least get a reasonable explanation from Mazda.

Can you call them instead? I'm sure they'd be happy to hear you out if you just explained your situation.

Can you call them instead? I'm sure they'd be happy to hear you out if you just explained your situation.

I could and probably will. Im just not hopeful anything will come from me calling about an issue that cant currently be replicated.

This is third new vehicle Ive purchased from them, but I doubt the service department really cares.

I could and probably will. I*m just not hopeful anything will come from me calling about an issue that can*t currently be replicated.

This is third new vehicle I*ve purchased from them, but I doubt the service department really cares.

True. I guess you could always refer them to Uno's videos, but chances are that they would just shrug it off since they can't replicate the issue in-house anymore.

I could and probably will. I*m just not hopeful anything will come from me calling about an issue that can*t currently be replicated.

This is third new vehicle I*ve purchased from them, but I doubt the service department really cares.

You complain. They log it. Mazda hears about it. They hear about it enough, something happens. That's pretty much how it works.

You complain. They log it. Mazda hears about it. They hear about it enough, something happens. That's pretty much how it works.

We hope.

Or it might work the way it has with the soul red crystal metallic problems: They hear about it enough, nothing happens.

We hope.

Or it might work the way it has with the soul red crystal metallic problems: They hear about it enough, nothing happens.

Well, they did address previous cold weather power concerns...

Further, "maybe they will respond to our active comms" is better than "maybe they can read our minds and will respond." Yeah?

Further, "maybe they will respond to our active comms" is better than "maybe they can read our minds and will respond." Yeah?

That's why I didn't understand that other guy's refusal to consider this an issue and calling it "as designed". Horrible design if that's the case.

Nobody is a mind reader. Let Mazda know what's wrong, and if enough people have the same issue, while it doesn't guarantee anything gets done, the possibility something gets done to remedy the issue is much better.

Last edited:

This forum was full of complaints:

Windshield too thin
Interior too loud
Engine not strong enough
Carplay/Android auto thingy
USB chargers
Motorized Rear hatch

Absolutely, but they've heard plenty about the paint for almost 2 years.

They'll fix it if they think it's worth it.

Or fix it in later vehicles and ignore the existing problems.

Or do nothing if it doesn't seems to be widespread and/or well known.

Time will tell. Keep at it.

That's why I didn't understand that other guy's refusal to consider this an issue and calling it "as designed". Horrible design if that's the case.

Nobody is a mind reader. Let Mazda know what's wrong, and if enough people have the same issue, while it doesn't guarantee anything gets done, the possibility something gets done to remedy the issue is much better.

Maybe an excuse to not deal with it? In any case, he's wrong... that's why you can't understand it!

We hope.

I*ve been browsing tons of car forums for over a year and every brand has people complaining about paint chips and windshield cracks. The problem is that US roads aren*t what they used to be and there are more SUVs on the roads prone to kicking up rocks (sedans with lower ground clearance and longer aft overhangs tend to throw rocks into their own underbody). Simply a more hazardous environment for the front ends of cars these days. Only way to avoid it is to leave more and more space ahead of you.

Last edited:
I*ve been browsing tons of car forums for over a year and every brand has people complaining about paint chips and windshield cracks. The problem is that US roads aren*t what they used to be and there are more SUVs on the roads prone to kicking up rocks (sedans with lower ground clearance and longer aft overhangs tend to throw rocks into their own underbody). Simply a more hazardous environment for the front ends of cars these days. Only way to avoid it is to leave more and more space ahead of you.

Paint protection film (PPF) seems to be a popular aftermarket product.
I am curious if car manufacturers will begin producing cars with some sort of paint protection (layer of synthetic material) applied at the factory. It might be a feature that could help sell a particular brand's cars/models.

Paint protection film (PPF) seems to be a popular aftermarket product.
I am curious if car manufacturers will begin producing cars with some sort of paint protection (layer of synthetic material) applied at the factory. It might be a feature that could help sell a particular brand's cars/models.

I was promised flying cars as a kid watching the Jetsons.....at least give us cars with force fields to protect from rocks. c'mon!!! :)

56957712_10100160570064701_4117727958632759296_o.jpg

Unlocked ALL the horsepowers!

Back