Price on Android Auto Apple Car Upgrade?

I thought I read somewhere that the upgrade fee was $200. I'm looking at leasing a 2018 (few left at dealers) and the dealers told me the upgrade was $450? What? I imagine it's negotiable to a point but isn't the upgrade just inserting a USB stick to update the software? Is there a cheap place to get it from if the dealer won't come down?

Lowest quote from any dealer was $299 (from Black Friday discount).
Regular charge is about $400 to $500.
Parts is $155 (eBay, Amazon, some Mazda online stores).
DIY possible. Need to upgrade software to v70 first.
30 mins for software, and 30 mins for hardware.

The install is quite involved. Many pieces to disassemble, look it up on YouTube.

I thought I read somewhere that the upgrade fee was $200. I'm looking at leasing a 2018 (few left at dealers) and the dealers told me the upgrade was $450? What? I imagine it's negotiable to a point but isn't the upgrade just inserting a USB stick to update the software? Is there a cheap place to get it from if the dealer won't come down?

If you're looking to lease a brand new unit, I would ask them to install it at N/C. I bought (not leased) a year-end 2018, my dealer installed the Apple CarPlay at no charge (at my request) in order to close the deal. If your dealer still has 2018s on the lot, I would think they's go for this.

Back