winter rear wiper

:
Mazda 5
I'm looking for a beam style winter wiper for the rear of my 5 (12"). Trico Ice start at 13" and the only wiper Bosch lists for the 5 is H309, which is a traditional summer one. I'm happy with Bosch Snow Drivers on the front, but they don't seem to come in the 12" size. Any ideas?

a 13" blade might work as they are only 1/2" longer in each direction, if not you might have to downsize to an 11" blade. Trico and Anco both make 11" winter blades.

Personally I had poor luck with aftermarket wipers for rear

Thus I went back to oem

Same here not being able to use aftermarket wipers. Mazda puts some special curve in the arm that matches the back window.

No voodoo, just basic physics at play. Never throw out ANY OEM wiper housing for any car. All aftermarket wiper housings are junk. The plastics/steel in OEM is far superior. All you need is the replacement wiper insert. I understand folks are too lazy to replace inserts in today's 'gotta have it now' attitude but the trade off is using junk that won't work properly or last for long.

OEM wiper housing has pivots (and better weight) at certain points to match the curve of the glass for the car, not just a universal 'size' base fit.
If using aftermarket blade OR insert, DO NOT USE the new replacement metal insert rails. I know it is tempting to install something 'new' but the old ones, due to use, will have a natural curve fit to match the glass - you WANT to use the old metal inserts (direction matters too!). You can pre-bend the new inserts but honestly this part really does not wear out unless you he-man it to deformity.

Wiper inserts basically come in two sizes. Don't recall the numeric values but it is either wide (typically trucks and large vehicles) or narrow (passenger cars) - there are a few oddities but you likely won't run into them. Wiper also come in either summer (thin and cheap) or all-season (thicker, lasts longer, but cost more, ) or silicone (typically aftermarket (PIAA) but watch out for fake ones, best at everything but at a price)

TLDR: Your Mazda CRV needs inserts. Shop/eBay for a Honda 12" OEM insert.

Last edited:
Back