2019 CX-5 Diesel

Oh, so now it's the same price as the gas-Turbo CX5 signature? Hah! Nope. Do better, Russ.

The link is to a Signature. It says gas, turbo, and the janky fuel economy. If I could get a red one nearer to me at that price, I might do it. Certainly if I didn't already have an 18 NA.

The link is to a Signature. It says gas, turbo, and the janky fuel economy. If I could get a red one nearer to me at that price, I might do it. Certainly if I didn't already have an 18 NA.

From the link:

Seller's Notes

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature Machine Gray Metallic 2.5L 4-Cylinder Diesel AWD 6-Speed Automatic...

Unless I'm misreading your point.

All diesels are Signatures. Single tail pipe and lower rpm tach. Definitely a diesel, although poorly edited.

Lol, they'd rather take a loss than figure out what the hell Mazda shipped to them.

Yeah, my dealer still has them listed for ~42K. These are the same three they got in over the summer and honestly, I don't see them being sold anytime soon. Their 2019 Signatures with the 2.5T are listed at ~37K.

I would have considered one - I live in a state were diesel prices are similar to regular gas prices but the fuel economy does not appear to be much different than a normal 2.5 NA.

If you click into the dealers web site you can print the window sticker. Definitely a diesel.
2019 CX-5 Signature Skyactiv-D SG

It will be interesting to see if other dealers follow suit. I wonder if they've included "potential available incentives" in that price, customer cash, loyalty, military?
My dealer actually has the exact same vehicle including color which they've had since the beginning of summer. When I bought my second GTR in October they said they have had zero interest in it.

Edit: Actually there is no customer cash on the 2019 Diesel. You'd think they'd offer something to help move them.

Last edited:
I would have considered one - I live in a state were diesel prices are similar to regular gas prices but the fuel economy does not appear to be much different than a normal 2.5 NA.

I'm about an hour north of you. Our diesel is like 25% higher than regular around here. I was curious when they initially announced the diesel until I saw the price & fuel economy. I had a Golf TDI diesel for 6 years (smaller vehicle, I know) but I could pull around 50+ mpg on the highway, ~35 mpg mostly city. Very fun little car to drive. Victim of VW diesel buyback.

I'm about an hour north of you. Our diesel is like 25% higher than regular around here. I was curious when they initially announced the diesel until I saw the price & fuel economy. I had a Golf TDI diesel for 6 years (smaller vehicle, I know) but I could pull around 50+ mpg on the highway, ~35 mpg mostly city. Very fun little car to drive. Victim of VW diesel buyback.

I am actually in South Carolina now and diesel is cheap in certain parts around here (got to fix my location thing). I originally thought that if the car got 40-50 MPG on the highway with 300+ lbs/ft of torque, I would buy the car without much thought. But at 30 MPG and given the price (basically same as a CX-9 Signature!), I walked away. Far away.

That $32,888 did get me thinking though. What would it take to get you guys in one of those? I believe it was Kaps who said $28-30k a while back. I'm due for an oil change in January. If that diesel is still on the lot I'm going to take it for a spin while I wait.

All diesels are Signatures. Single tail pipe and lower rpm tach. Definitely a diesel, although poorly edited.

d8abfcf807ae9b71834288b0ef09bcb8.jpg

They do also have Diesel :) written across the windshield. The price is probably just bait to get someone in. Likely a ton of rebates you can*t actually qualify for.

The dealer where my son bought his Mazda 3 has their one & only diesel listed on their website with a $6664 dealer discount. They're pretty straight on their web site discounts, don't include rebates.
The dealer where I bought my GTR has their one & only diesel listed at MSRP. They almost never list discounts on their website.

That $32,888 did get me thinking though. What would it take to get you guys in one of those? I believe it was Kaps who said $28-30k a while back. I'm due for an oil change in January. If that diesel is still on the lot I'm going to take it for a spin while I wait.

The same 4 that came in last summer are still available in Naperville: LINK

Just got an email.
Local Mazda dealer has a discount of $10,000 on 2019 diesel CX5 off MSRP !!!
(4 at this price....)

Just got an email.
Local Mazda dealer has a discount of $10,000 on 2019 diesel CX5 off MSRP !!!
(4 at this price....)

Now I'm even more curious as to how quickly these will move even at these discounts and how much will the largest discount be? Looks like $10,000 is the largest posted so far.
I too am even more tempted to test drive. I came from a Golf TDI to my GTR.

Last edited:
Any speculation if there will even be a 2020 CX-5 Diesel & how might this effect the Mazda 6 Diesel ever showing up?

Back