WARNING, New ole fart with 2019 CX-5 Sig and a TON of Questions!

:
Mazda CX-5 Signature
Yep I have read and still reading all the posts and yes I know how to use search. Do I understand all I read, short answer is NO. Being 72 years old and an old gear head back when I did a lot of research on cars. I could go on and on about why I went with the CX-5 Signature but I won't. Suffice it to say that I will be stealing on the knowledge and information you and this site have to offer. This post is to specifically ask for your indulgence until I learn the ropes of this site. Happy New Year, be safe and God Bless.

Congrats on your new car! hope you're have a great time...ask away any questions!

Thanks Young-nyc. I have a little more reading to do so I don't ask dumb questions. Threads on floor mats, remote start etc are very long and a little confusing to me. For instance, several threads on winter floor mats recommend the Husky X-act but then I can't find them for sale. I will get it figured out. Again thanks for your reply. Dunk

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!!!

TThreads on food mats, remote start etc are very long and a little confusing to me.

Do NOT get the food mats. Everyone hates them. :D

And don't worry about dumb questions. We're used to it...er... uh...
I mean there are no dumb questions. :D

That's the part where I don't understand kicks in. Found that site BUT could not find anywhere it saying that these are the X-act mats as other threads all caution against the Weather beaters. Did not want to order the wrong ones! Hope that makes sense!

the XACT are the ones that we just refer to as the Husky liners. They are universally priased around here... at least I though they were?!?

Congratulations on your Signature purchase and welcome to the forum.

Do people here really recommend the Husky mats? I've mostly seen the 3D MAXpider Kagu being recommended, and that's what I got.

But you can get either from carid.com.

Welcome to the forum from another newbie!

I like our Weathertech mats. They are currently holding about 12 ounces of melted snow! :)

That's the part where I don't understand kicks in. Found that site BUT could not find anywhere it saying that these are the X-act mats as other threads all caution against the Weather beaters. Did not want to order the wrong ones! Hope that makes sense!

The Husky X-Act Contours is what I have been buying for my new vehicles the past 1+ years and these are the ones you want. They are lifetime guaranteed. Your have to order the for a 2018 as their side has not been updated to show the 2019's.

Welcome aboard from another ole fart. I'm 74 and just got a 2019 CX5 Signature a couple of weeks ago. Traded in a 370Z on it. Quite a change. I ended up getting the Mazda all weather floor mats and am happy with them. Bought them on eBay from Med Center Mazda in Alabama. Ordered them in the evening and received them (in Tennessee) the next afternoon!

Welcome aboard from another ole fart. I'm 74 and just got a 2019 CX5 Signature a couple of weeks ago. Traded in a 370Z on it. Quite a change. I ended up getting the Mazda all weather floor mats and am happy with them. Bought them on eBay from Med Center Mazda in Alabama. Ordered them in the evening and received them (in Tennessee) the next afternoon!
That's a good top actually for a noobie. Med Center Mazda sells OEM parts cheaper then any other dealer. Honestly don't know how they get away with it. Got my door sill plates from them. They sell in eBay a lot.

I traded a Sienna VAN that was 199 inch long etc etc. WHAT a change.

Welcome aboard from another ole fart. I'm 74 and just got a 2019 CX5 Signature a couple of weeks ago.

Well, I'm happy to know I'm not the oldest ole fart on here. I'm a youthful 69. Woo wee.

welcome to the forum dunk, it's a great group around here so don't worry about asking questions.
Congrats on the purchase!
which color did you get?

dont' worry, these cars are pretty simple to keep running unlike the older cars you probably grew up working on. Don't worry, no carburators here to rebuild every few years. (haha, youngins here probably don't even know what one of those is.)

Welcome and congrats on your new Mazda. Im not quite as old but still in that senior category. Our grand touring is very comfortable for us which is important as we age. Those heated seats sure help a tired back on cooler days.

Back