Bridgestone DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS 20" Tires for 2018 CX-9 Sig

:
2018 CX9 Sig
After 3 months of driving on OEM Bridgestone Ecopia 422's. I decided this tire was not very good in inclement weather esp., snow, so I bit the bullet ($1K) and bought new AW Bridgestone DUELER H/L ALENZA PLUS 20" Tires, based on customer reviews. I was choosing between these and the Michelin Defender LTX, but the Bridgestone was in stock. Testing is pending inclement weather, but initially they seem to hold the road better (steering seems tighter). I will provide further feedback when applicable. Your thoughts are welcome.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

I too switched from the Ecopia to the Dueler H/L Alenza Plus after a screw in the tire made the tire unrepairable. Decided to spend the money to swap all 4 out to the Dueler instead of paying $300 to install another Ecopia. No inclement weather here in Orlando other than rain, so I have no report on their snow handling ability, but they handle wet roads well and are all around better tires. Look better too.

I too switched from the Ecopia to the Dueler H/L Alenza Plus after a screw in the tire made the tire unrepairable. Decided to spend the money to swap all 4 out to the Dueler instead of paying $300 to install another Ecopia. No inclement weather here in Orlando other than rain, so I have no report on their snow handling ability, but they handle wet roads well and are all around better tires. Look better too.

Yes thus far I concur, it seems like a much better tire than the OEM. Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

For inclement weather I think the Michelin Premier or Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady would be my choices in all season tires. The Michelin Defender is oriented more toward longest tread life than toward best wet or snow traction. Every tire design is a compromise--the choice is yours.

For inclement weather I think the Michelin Premier or Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady would be my choices in all season tires. The Michelin Defender is oriented more toward longest tread life than toward best wet or snow traction. Every tire design is a compromise--the choice is yours.

Yes, every design is a compromise esp AW Tires...I was actually looking at the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, my first choice, however it wasn't readily available for installation. The BStone Dueler Alenza Plus (second choice) was in stock and with 70K mileage to boot. We don't get the kind of snowfall here in DC Metro, that others get further North or West, so I didn't feel a dedicated winter tire was required. The BStone Dueler Alenza + was even less expensive than the BStone OEM tire. Now I need to explain the extra expense to my wife :). Bad Tires are like Bad shoes. I will sale the OEM's on line, they're good in the rain, but below average in the snow.

Edit: I just tested the Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus 20" in about 2 inches of snow. The first test went very well, I received great traction going up an incline in front of my house, the OEM Bridgestone Ecopia's had a massive fail with a similar test.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Well, I drove through a quasi-Monsoon Thursday, and the new tires were hugging the road, like glue. Steering felt tight and tires gripped and dissipated the water very well. I now feel justified spending the additional money on these shoes.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Back