2010 Mazda5 sliding door wont close flush with the body on the rear of the door...

:
2010 Mazda5 Sport
I have a 2010 Mazda5 that she wife drives the kids around in, for numerous errands around town and what not. The sliding doors get used quite a bit and have been showing signs of wear and tear in the overall smoothness of being able to operate as intended. Yesterday she showed me how the passenger side sliding door will not close flush with the body panel, and I am suspecting/assuming that it has to do with the roller mechanism behind that rear outside panel.

Does anyone here have any links they could provide as far as a thread they could point me to, or maybe even a video as to how I could go about fixing this issue myself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and a big "thanks" in advance.

Thanx Vasy. I had seen that one and it was helpful in seeing how the whole operation of the sliding door works...

I actually figured it out [the problem of why it wouldn't completely shut flush] about an hour ago without having to replace any of the roller mechanisms. The latch in the rear of the door was failing to catch smoothly (rotate on it's axis) most likely due to dirt accumulation and it being so cold here in NC this week. I cleaned out what I could and applied a small amount of WD-40 on the pin/axis and then I made sure to apply some white lithium grease on the roller mechanisms. I did this to both doors and it made them operate what I would consider "almost like new", so to speak. The vehicle has 147K mileage on it so that should keep it good for awhile, or at least until the engine craps out! LOL!

Thanks again!

Thanx Vasy. I had seen that one and it was helpful in seeing how the whole operation of the sliding door works...

I actually figured it out [the problem of why it wouldn't completely shut flush] about an hour ago without having to replace any of the roller mechanisms. The latch in the rear of the door was failing to catch smoothly (rotate on it's axis) most likely due to dirt accumulation and it being so cold here in NC this week. I cleaned out what I could and applied a small amount of WD-40 on the pin/axis and then I made sure to apply some white lithium grease on the roller mechanisms. I did this to both doors and it made them operate what I would consider "almost like new", so to speak. The vehicle has 147K mileage on it so that should keep it good for awhile, or at least until the engine craps out! LOL!

Thanks again!
Thanks for the thread and your easy fix for the issue. My 2010 Mazda5 driver side passenger door just tonight wouldn't close completely without an old-fashioned hip bump :(

It's not been super cold here yet but the van *is* remarkably grimy, just not been motivated to clean the poor thing.

Got home, searched online for a fix, and here was your post with a hopeful resolution! Looking closely at both doors I honestly couldn't tell anything was wrong with the latch assemblies other that something just wasn't completing the hook-up, so crossed my fingers, spritzed a wee bit of silicone spray on anything that looked hinge-y, gave the door a normal push, and she connected solidly! Woohoo!

Thanks again!

Back