heated seats issue

Sparky

:
Mazda, CX-5, 2016
I recently bought a 2016 CX-5 Touring. I noticed that the bottom part of the seat won't get warm when I turn on the seat heating. However the back part gets very warm. No matter what level I use (1, 2 or 3) or how long I wait (didn't get warm after one hour).
Did anyone else have this issue?

I recently bought a 2016 CX-5 Touring. I noticed that the bottom part of the seat won't get warm when I turn on the seat heating. However the back part gets very warm. No matter what level I use (1, 2 or 3) or how long I wait (didn't get warm after one hour).
Did anyone else have this issue?

Was this after a period of driving or idling? These heated seats will not heat up substantially until you are driving the vehicle.

This was after driving it for 60 miles

Sounds like it might be a fault with the element then.
Only other thing I can suggest is to confirm your expectations and your body feels the heat on the other vehicle seat to rule out faulty heat sensors in your body. (uhm)

I've got a similar issue. I just always assumed since my CX-5 was new that it was only back heating. Wasn't until recently I had a passenger who mentioned their butt getting being warm that I realized I only had half the functionality. Plan on digging into it once the weather is nicer. Gonna keep an eye on this thread.

I was able to test the passenger side. It was getting warm on the bottom. Since the car is still in certified pre-owned warranty I took it to the dealer. They said the issue was localized, the component that needs to be replaced is in back order so it will take some time. I hope they will receive it while is cold outside :)

Got the same issue, butt used to fry, now it doesn't even feel warm. One more quality zinger for Mazda....

Last edited:
I was able to test the passenger side. It was getting warm on the bottom. Since the car is still in certified pre-owned warranty I took it to the dealer. They said the issue was localized, the component that needs to be replaced is in back order so it will take some time. I hope they will receive it while is cold outside :)

Awesome.. Hope it is fixed quickly.

Have to wonder how many bottom warmers go out from someone putting a knee on the seat bottom during detailing, or reaching into the back seat.

Awesome.. Hope it is fixed quickly.

Have to wonder how many bottom warmers go out from someone putting a knee on the seat bottom during detailing, or reaching into the back seat.

How would that happen?

A new seat cushion for sure and the rest will turn out once they fix it. I'm going to let you guys know once is done

I also contacted Mazda USA, they seems to be very nice and following up my case. I was told they contacted the dealership and try to urge my case

Was this after a period of driving or idling? These heated seats will not heat up substantially until you are driving the vehicle.

Why not.? they are electric, nothing to do with warm air.. the coils in the seat should get warm. It might take some time depending on your seat material (leather vs fabric) and if your sitting on your coat bottom, ect...

Sparky, talk to your dealer.. My seat with leather took a year of winter driving before they "kicked in' if you will.. now they heat up at an okay speed. Not as fast as the BMW, but fast enough..

Back