What kind of real world mpg are owners getting?

Agree Colorado. [emoji106]

You will not regret the 2.5T engine. I can't believe how smooth it is and how well it performs. My commute is ~40mi each way, mostly highway. I set the CC to 75, but only about 1/3 of the trip is at that speed. The Radar CC does an amazing job in traffic and makes the trip so much less stressful.
I go against traffic on my commute, away from the city. Radar Cruise would make it boring. [emoji3] (Drive)

2019 GTR - First 1,000mi = 24mpg average.

I am getting ~23 in my CX-9 but I live in a VERY flat and temperate state. I am surprised at the low MPG people are getting with the CX-5 and 2.5T.

Last edited:
6 years and 60k miles and I still get 26-31 on the highway, depending on average speed and headwinds. Faster and/or wind = worse mpg. Hasn't moved a bit.

6 years and 60k miles and I still get 26-31 on the highway, depending on average speed and headwinds. Faster and/or wind = worse mpg. Hasn't moved a bit.

AND any slight grade makes a big difference, too. I get a wide range of results like craigo.

For Giggle's drove 4 city miles just now trying to get great MPG. Got 28. City. Insane.

Last edited:
Attached a photo of my last 200 mile trip. around 36 mpg on highways.. about 27 in city

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.50.29 PM.png

Back