2019 Traffic on infotainment

CSI007

:
2019 CX-5 AWD Black Signature
Glad to see that the new 2019s have traffic in the navigation system again. Not sure how well the Sirius XM traffic plus will be but for the times I am not using google maps it will be a nice addition.

if its the same Ive seen on recent jeeps. its pretty decent. Great that they have it now on 2019. And it supposedly comes with 3 year subscription which is nice.

if its the same Ive seen on recent jeeps. its pretty decent. Great that they have it now on 2019. And it supposedly comes with 3 year subscription which is nice.

I am not 100% certain but I thought I read 5 year subscription included for the SiriusLink stuff. It was on a press release I read a bit ago but maybe that has changed or I could have been dreaming. LOL

What are you talking about? Back again? It's never had that. So it shows red yellow and green lines now? Or?

I am not 100% certain but I thought I read 5 year subscription included for the SiriusLink stuff. It was on a press release I read a bit ago but maybe that has changed or I could have been dreaming. LOL

According to the Monroney sticker ... 3 years.

Although the factory navi is one of the more easier to use and has a pretty good interface,
i've longed stopped using the factory navi.
I do miss having the turn by turn on the HUD but...i solely now depend on Waze to get me where i want to go, unless i'm traveling to another country ie CANADA ;)

Although the factory navi is one of the more easier to use and has a pretty good interface,
i've longed stopped using the factory navi.
I do miss having the turn by turn on the HUD but...i solely now depend on Waze to get me where i want to go, unless i'm traveling to another country ie CANADA ;)

I never understood how people can use waze in NYC. google maps its 100x better aside from waze telling you POLICE REPORTED UP AHEAD. waze does not know the right turns or short cuts in nyc (neither does google lol )

Anybody? It shows traffic lines on the map?

Yes it does. Mazda used to offer traffic with their head units from what I have read but that stopped about 5 or 8 years ago. It's back.

Red, green and yellow lines on the navi screen now courtesy of Sirius TrafficLink

So is this only included with the temporary SiriusXM subscription? And to keep it you would have to continue the subscription? I never activated mine so didn't have an opportunity to try it out.

So is this only included with the temporary SiriusXM subscription? And to keep it you would have to continue the subscription? I never activated mine so didn't have an opportunity to try it out.

My Lexus had 6 months of XM traffic, free (2013). It was useless. They switched to HD radio traffic in 2015, which is free for life. Smart move. I haven't played with it in our new CX-5, but my expectations are low.

Waze should be exclusively used in NYC with all the red light cameras and speed traps.
I once got a ticket for going 36mph. I would hardly call that speeding , sure didnt feel like it, but the posted speed limit was 25mph and there was a speed camera I obviously didnt know about. If I had used waze, I wouldve known about this. Not to mention All the cops on the highways. Waze has been great for Nyc driving.

I never understood how people can use waze in NYC. google maps its 100x better aside from waze telling you POLICE REPORTED UP AHEAD. waze does not know the right turns or short cuts in nyc (neither does google lol )

Google owns waze and will soon be adding speed cameras to google maps.
Actually I believe they have already.

And the ability to mark accidents on the map. Waze's days are numbered.

I've long preferred Waze because of the detailed vehicle on the shoulder, accident, and police spotted reports.
I do prefer the display options of Google maps on CarPlay.
If Google maps incorporates those functions (and alerts by current Waze users also show up on Google maps), I'll be just fine switching aps.

the only issue with that is,
what happens when many waze users switch over to google? the crowd sourcing information may not be so frequent anymore.

I've long preferred Waze because of the detailed vehicle on the shoulder, accident, and police spotted reports.
I do prefer the display options of Google maps on CarPlay.
If Google maps incorporates those functions (and alerts by current Waze users also show up on Google maps), I'll be just fine switching aps.

And the ability to mark accidents on the map. Waze's days are numbered.

unless they incorporate all the functions of waze to google, users like myself will always use waze for accidents, speed traps and police alerts.
Google is leveraging some of Waze's data, but if everyone jumps onto google maps, then where would all the crowd sourcing info come from? unless they add the option to do reporting on google.

Back