Some new pdfs on the 2019 model.....

:
2022 2.5GT
Some new pdfs on the 2019 model.....

You might find these interesting. There are too many to post.

Note the bigger front brakes on the Signature.

Attachments

• Outline.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Piston.pdf
    158.5 KB · Views: 154
  • System.pdf
    1,021 KB · Views: 149
  • Front Brake.pdf
    310.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Cooling System.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
You might find these interesting. There are too many to post.

Note the bigger front brakes on the Signature.

Sadly they don't work any better, as the stopping distance is identical to the base model.

Really, my only half-hearted criticism of the new CX5T's is...15 gal gas tank? Still? We need 18-20...

Sadly they don't work any better, as the stopping distance is identical to the base model.

Really, my only half-hearted criticism of the new CX5T's is...15 gal gas tank? Still? We need 18-20...

Its finding a home for it thats the problem. The AWD tank straddles the drive shaft where the FWD holds a bit more.

Agreed upon the gas tank size... but driven smartly... my hwy range is consistently nearly 400 miles. I have a '15 CX5 AWD-GT

Sadly they don't work any better, as the stopping distance is identical to the base model

My years of testing brake tells me to be immediately suspicious of that comment. They don*t fit bigger discs and twin piston calipers for show, apart from the fact nobody pays attention to them, they are expensive. I can assure you that even if they are similar when doing a like for like comparison on a strip of asphalt, they wouldn*t be the same if you ran them up to 600C and did it again. Journalists are not brake engineers.

It*s finding a home for it that*s the problem. The AWD tank straddles the drive shaft where the FWD holds a bit more.

I dont know as I never looked really, but do know my z06 somehow found room for 20ish gallons and the entire transmission was in the back half of the car...

My years of testing brake tells me to be immediately suspicious of that comment. They don*t fit bigger discs and twin piston calipers for show, apart from the fact nobody pays attention to them, they are expensive. I can assure you that even if they are similar when doing a like for like comparison on a strip of asphalt, they wouldn*t be the same if you ran them up to 600C and did it again. Journalists are not brake engineers.

That is true, but panic stops are far more likely than track use...that said...is it the 2.5t models or only signature? I didnt see where it said.

But the GTR and Signature (2.5T + AWD) are heavier no? I assumed the larger discs are just to compensate for the additional weight.

(The larger brakes are on the GTR as well as the Sig)

Last edited:
But the GTR and Signature (2.5T + AWD) are heavier no? I assumed the larger discs are just to compensate for the additional weight.

(The larger brakes are on the GTR as well as the Sig)

The larger disks and calipers may make the brake pedal lighter and they would help a lot when towing something heavy. The CX-5 is relatively light so it doesn't surprise me that the braking distance is the same.

The larger disks and calipers may make the brake pedal lighter and they would help a lot when towing something heavy. The CX-5 is relatively light so it doesn't surprise me that the braking distance is the same.

Towing capacity is the same across all models, though...

Back