2017~2024 Factory/OEM Windshield Label Image (solved!)

Ernieb

:
2016 CX-9
I could use help attaining an image of the label on a windshield that is installed on a 2017 CX-5 with Active Driving Display and the lane assist cameras. If you have this car, could you snap a picture and post it in the thread?

Why?
  • my wife's 2017 cx-5 with ADD, lane assist, and all the other safety bells and whistles suffered a cracked windshield. (notcool)
  • After the first piece of windshield glass was installed by Safelite, the ADD was blurry. Lane assist and what not work. The glass manufacturer was Fuyao. This is not the OEM glass. Unacceptable.
  • After the second piece of windshield glass was installed, the ADD was blurry. Lane assist and what not work. The glass manufacturer is Nippon. This is a piece of OEM glass. Unacceptable.

My local Mazda dealer said there is no focusing or calibration for the ADD and it should just work with the new windshield. They also stated the other cameras won't need calibration unless the installer was very rough.

I suspect the Safelite techs didn't specify the windshield with the ADD support and thus it's blurry. I would really like to have evidence of what the factory installed vs what Safelite is installing so I can avoid yet another go around with them.

Can you help me out?

Thx,
Ernie

Last edited:
20190119-133352-2.jpg

mine is 2018. hope this helps.

Last edited:
Mine is '17 GT.
It is almost exact the same as the '18 posted above except for the line "TIS ....."
Mine does that show that line.
Other than that, exactly the same.
Just FYI.

mine also has the in-windshield heater elements for the wipers if it matters.

p.s. Ive read another post somewhere for safelite not using Mazda OEM and issues with HUD, etc. they ordered mazda oem and case was solved.

see if this helps.
https://www.mazdaswag.com/auto-part...-l4-gas-engine/body-cat/glass-windshield-scat

Yes that helps, thanks for posting that link.
Did you have them order new reveal molding for the top (part 10 on the link) and lower weather strip (part 2 on the link) or were they able to reuse the original molding?

Back