Does CPO LIMITED WARRANTY applies on a Demo/Loaner?

:
Mazda, CX-5 Touring
I'm looking to buy a 2018 certified demo/loaner car with 5,500 miles on it. The dealership consider it as "new". My question is, does 12-MONTH/12,000-MILE CPO VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY apply on such car or a loaner is not considered as pre-owned car?

You might want to look into it. I bought my car at 160 miles, and some how during the conversation it came up with the dealer saying new would be with 5000 miles or under if the vehicle was loaned. Might be a state thing. If they're selling it as preowned then they have to qualify it for CPO, 160 point inspection and all that..

from the warranty guide.

"The New Vehicle Limited Warranty period is 36 months or 36,000 miles whichever comes first. This Limited Warranty period begins on the Date of First Service. Date of First Service means the first date the Mazda Vehicle is delivered to the first retail purchaser, is leased or is placed into service as a company vehicle use (e.g., as a demonstrator, rental or fleet vehicle), whichever is earliest."

..Or you can reach Mazda USA to confirm.

Answers to many questions, including how to locate or contact a local Mazda Dealership in the U.S., can be found here.
You can also contact Mazda:
By email at: MazdaCustomerExperience@Mazdausa.com
by phone (800) 222-5500

It depends on how the dealership codes its grounded loaners. At mine, they would 'purchase' the loaner, then do the CPO process and sell it has a certified used car. This way it would get all of the benefits of the Mazda CPO program. Most Mazda dealers around here do it that way. When I was at Chevy, they would just take the grounded loaners and put them with the 'new' inventory and sell them as new with only the standard new car warranties, but with a little more rebate money from the factory

Cpo limited warranty is clearly marked on vehicles as it has a cost associated with it. So, even pre-owned cars are advertised as cpo or not. There is no reason i can think of to pay for cpo on a car that new. You should still get 3yr/36k warranty above the miles on it.

Answer: no.

Dealer selling as new gives you the normal warranty.

Back