HELP! Got rear ended, now car won't stop beeping!

Dimcorner

:
2017 Cx-5 GT AWD
Just got rear ended at a red light, car drives ok. Wanted to know what the constant beeping is and how to disable it.
Hatch was impacted. It won't go up and down automatically but if I get it really low and press the close button it will lock closed.
No doors/hatch show as open on the DIS.
0MQXNq1.jpg

Sorry to hear that. My black CX-5 similarly was rear-ended at a stoplight back in 2015. I did not have beeping though.

Could it be the rear cross traffic alert, sensors damaged?

Or blind spot monitoring, which can be disabled in preferences for testing.

Last edited:
Could it be the rear cross traffic alert, sensors damaged?

Or blind spot monitoring, which can be disabled in preferences for testing.

Tried disabling but no dice.
Rear camera works ok and reversing slowly didn't trigger it.

There are so many bad drivers on the road. I hope you are okay.
I'm ok I think. Neck will probably be sore tomorrow.
It was an older Cherokee that hit me. I think he tried to avoid me since it wasn't a dead center hit but I basically stopped right before light turned red then got hit after light was red.

there is a menu in the infotainment system...warning msgs or something (in leftmost icon where fuel economy is).may be take a look if there is something logged in it?

there is a menu in the infotainment system...warning msgs or something (in leftmost icon where fuel economy is).may be take a look if there is something logged in it?

No warning triangles. I'll look deeper in menu if possible.
No items in the warning.

Could it be a rear cross traffic sensor or the power lift gate struts?
Would unplugging the battery clear it?

Last edited:
Ok got it to stop beeping.

I disconnected the battery and re-connected. I then heard the rear lift gate do something (maybe try to lock again?). Drove around and beeping stopped.
Maybe the truck open light is different than the locked down sensor?

I have a 2013 model so not as many *bells and whistles*. Aren*t there different sounds for each warning such as liftgate, rear cross traffic, blind spot warning, back up, etc?

I have a 2013 model so not as many *bells and whistles*. Aren*t there different sounds for each warning such as liftgate, rear cross traffic, blind spot warning, back up, etc?

I think blind spot and cross traffic are same. 3 fast beeps.
This was same cadence as the 3 beeps except it was continuous and non stop.

Never tried driving with tailgate up so don*t know if this is same thing.

I think blind spot and cross traffic are same. 3 fast beeps.
This was same cadence as the 3 beeps except it was continuous and non stop.

Never tried driving with tailgate up so don*t know if this is same thing.

LOL. When I mentioned the liftgate, I meant the beeps when it opens and closes.

Hopefully, the driver had insurance.

It seems as though the "Insurance Requirement" in this country is just a suggestion to some people.

Having to pay for "Uninsured Motorist" on our policies is expensive and ridiculous.

It's not any of our business but my first thought was "why doesn't he just take it in and let insurance deal with the beeping". Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is a must have.

It's not any of our business but my first thought was "why doesn't he just take it in and let insurance deal with the beeping". Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is a must have.

He needs something to drive until it is convenient to take it in for a insurence estimate. Then something to drive until the shop can take it. Also he needs to drive it to the insurence estimator. All reasons to stop the beep.

Back