Unknown brand of oil at dealer

Wierd flex, but ok...

"The corporation went out of business in 1998 due to financial debt. The Super Shops trademarks and corporate name were later registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office by an unrelated El Cajon based firm[3] in 2003 and cancelled in 2012.[4]

Since 2013, the Super Shops trademarks and corporate name were obtained by a nostalgia group of former workers and customers to provide the sale of T-shirts and other memorabilia."-from your link

Wiki-wrong, then uses for himself. Lmao, weird flex for sure. You can*t make this stuff up...

Last edited:
First MOLY ... it is simply one of the additives "Molybdenum" in the oil in which many motor oil have not only MAZDA.
Many oils does have Molybdenum but the difference is Mazda moly oil have very high level of it than most others. Based on used oil analysis Mazda moly oil usually has ~600 elements in parts per million but others usually have 50~128 depending on brand.

Many oils does have Molybdenum but the difference is Mazda moly oil have very high level of it than most others. Based on used oil analysis Mazda moly oil usually has ~600 elements in parts per million but others usually have 50~128 depending on brand.

If you are going to post better information I would suggest to contact BlackStone Labs oil. While your responses is somewhat accurate I can show you analysis with other popular brand oils that have much higher then your indicating. I think if you go look I have post a couple DATA sheets showing this. We might also suggest that once the engine has been run in the need for high level of Molybdenum have NEVER shown to be important and that metal analysis indicates the build up of some oil additives takes years to accumulate that is theorized beneficial. This has been reported from a few Chemical Engineering analysis you may find.

If you look really really really hard you can find the Federal DATA information on Motor Oil sold and used in the USA that has all the "goodstuff" listed along with performance information of the oil. ;)
So while I like to read on various forums the constant
ARGUMENTS" which oil is the best, no one is entering endurance RACING and basically if you meet the recomend oil from the auto manufacture your not going to get into use and damage the engine situation. Besides which go and carefully and slowly read how they word what to use. You may see it is not what everyone always thinks. ;)

Its a numbers thing anyway, if you worked in an auto parts store your would understand that on forums likes these constitute less then 1% of 1% or less of what people use for motor oils in their vehicles. Look at any given years and one model MAZDA, hundreds of thousands sometimes and how many active or members in general are there on this forum? Forums are just mostly a place for DIY and enthusiast and we all think we KNOW-IT-ALL about cars. LOL ;)

Carry on!
I am off to unlock the machine shop its 7 am here so I can't prof read my response until later. LOL

Wiki-wrong, then uses for himself. Lmao, weird flex for sure. You can*t make this stuff up...
Really dude!
Its a joke among a few original people like myself that submitted information to them. At one time your could join and help build their information bank and correct inaccurate information posted by others. Kinda like here on this forum. I use it very seldom. I could have used the SuperShop Forum but most info you need to be a member to see. LOL

You know more and more members here act like a HONDA forum? LOL

Well, you now see why he has been banned at the Mazda3 forum numerous times now! And, there*s your reason for trying to suck up to Antoine...Typical douchebag for sure...

Your comment should at least get you a warning if not banned dude. Look in the mirror! ;)

How about that you took the time to go look for BETTER information to post this time.
No I didn't have to look for better information on Mazda 0W-20 moly oil in 55-gallon drum as we had discussed this here two years ago:

Can All US Dealers Order Mazda Moly Oil?

BTW, when I said Mazda moly oil comes only in 1-quart bottles, I was purely answering the question cz5gt asked:

so assuming dealer has mazda idemitsu apart from the bulk castrol barrels, does mazda oil always come in bottles if you opt for it? does anybody know?

You can't find any Mazda dealers in the US using Mazda 0W-20 moly oil out of 55-gallon drum for oil change. They all use 1-quart bottles if a customer requests Mazda moly oil!

I will personally contact them show them this thread your response and ask for an explanation why they did not provide requested information. Really stop trying to make like DEALERSHIPS are ripping people off or hiding important information concerning the service work they do! . Every state in the USA has laws that prevents this from happening.
So you think that just because there's some law on the books, that dealerships are not ripping people off or hiding important information concerning the service work they do?
What utopian world are you living in? You certainly don't live in mine. Some silly law is not going to stop them dude.
I've been ripped off by dealerships numerous times, and even after I caught them red handed, they continued to BS me and attempt to cover their sorry asses.
As for hiding stuff, how about Honda trying to hide their issues with the 1.5L turbo engines with the gas in oil problems? Classic CYA.

Then you say you will personally contact them and ask for an explanation if they refuse to divulge any information? Are you some sort of ombudsman?
What makes you think that you contacting them will make a difference? I'm sure when they see your name, those dealerships will be shaking in their boots.
You're pretty high on yourself there bud. Time to get off the horse.

Your comment should at least get you a warning if not banned dude. Look in the mirror! ;)

If it does, so be it, I only reiterated exactly what the mod said, and everyone agreed. I'll be waiting for your threats by PM again, I guess...

Really dude!
Its a joke among a few original people like myself that submitted information to them. At one time your could join and help build their information bank and correct inaccurate information posted by others. Kinda like here on this forum. I use it very seldom. I could have used the SuperShop Forum but most info you need to be a member to see. LOL

You know more and more members here act like a HONDA forum? LOL

We all know how Wiki works, dude, but please feel free to tell us all something we already didn't know, again...

Really dude!
At one time your could join and help build their information bank and correct inaccurate information posted by others. Kinda like here on this forum.

Contributing to a forum, building their information bank and correcting inaccurate information is not a bad thing.
However, there are positive and negative ways and means to go about doing that.
Every response and post I've seen from you is confrontational in nature. Personal shots are not welcome or necessary.
There is no need or place on this, or any other forum, for your aggressive and confrontational behavior.
Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean you have to go on the attack. Be nice for a change.
At the end of the day, feel free to correct misinformation and contribute in a positive way to this forum, but you need to tone it down and act like an adult.
Manners go a long way.

Contributing to a forum, building their information bank and correcting inaccurate information is not a bad thing.
However, there are positive and negative ways and means to go about doing that.
Every response and post I've seen from you is confrontational in nature. Personal shots are not welcome or necessary.
There is no need or place on this, or any other forum, for your aggressive and confrontational behavior.
Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion, doesn't mean you have to go on the attack. Be nice for a change.
At the end of the day, feel free to correct misinformation and contribute in a positive way to this forum, but you need to tone it down and act like an adult.
Manners go a long way.

LIKE button!!!!

Same goes for ALL of us. Denigrating others or using crude language doesn*t benefit anyone.

Grendel65: I see your logo is MATTEL TOYS. Do you make toys or work at Mattel? I worked at BUDDY-L toys when I was a teenagers. :)) Ed

You all remember the ongoing Saturday night live sketch with the IT Guy? :)

This one? Classic.

M1g1x16.jpg

Wow, it was just a simple question fellas. I did not mean to create such a heated discussion.

I contacted the Flamingo oil rep. for sales to dealerships here in SW Florida. He stated Naples Mazda uses DuraMax full synthetic oil supplied in bulk.
Flamingo oil was aquired by RelaDyne Inc in 2018. There is some interesting info. about DuraMax oil on their web page.
Well, that is about all the investigating I intend to do on this matter.
Much thanks to all you folks (except one) who posted helpful, courteous replies to my original post.

Wow, it was just a simple question fellas. I did not mean to create such a heated discussion.

I contacted the Flamingo oil rep. for sales to dealerships here in SW Florida. He stated Naples Mazda uses DuraMax full synthetic oil supplied in bulk.
Flamingo oil was aquired by RelaDyne Inc in 2018. There is some interesting info. about DuraMax oil on their web page.
Well, that is about all the investigating I intend to do on this matter.
Much thanks to all you folks (except one) who posted helpful, courteous replies to my original post.

PM sent

Grendel65: I see your logo is MATTEL TOYS. Do you make toys or work at Mattel? I worked at BUDDY-L toys when I was a teenagers. :)) Ed

No its more a joke trying to ease up on me on the other signature I had and signature picture which proved to be to much for a few member to handle seeing. This one I used this OLD Trade Mark form Mattel on another hobby and forum on custom lazed parts

Back