150-point vs 160-point inspection?

:
Mazda, CX-5 Touring
I was told different things by different dealerships. One of them said that 150-point inspection is just safety and it doesn't qualify for additional limited warranty of 12month after the factory warranty expires. So only 160-point inspection qualify for this warranty?
Second told me that it's opposite and third that both 150-point and 160-point inspection qualify for additional limited warranty of 12month after the factory warranty expires.

Which one is right?

You need to explain why so we can talk you out of pissing money away on this useless warranty. :D

Well both are impressive if they actually do it properly.
In our shop it called a 100 point but actually covers 117 points. The service tech assigned to the task must check each area and initial it. Then when the Tech is done myself of the owner of the shop looks at each area initialed and any notes or comments by the Tech and place our initial it. If the tire/wheel were removed for brake inspection that myself or the owner will re-torque the lug nuts and note the torque settings and initial.
This is a mechanical check inspection not an interior as noticed covered with the MAZDA inspection coverage.

Last edited:
Will I get the the additional 12month warranty if the car has only 150-point inspection and not 160?

If the vehicle is Mazda certified, you will get a copy of the checklist as well as other CPO documentation. There should also be CPO branding on the car (window stickers, etc) that say that it is a Mazda CPO unit. It could be that this dealer is just using up the old 150pt inspection forms that they have. Or, it may be a smaller place that doesnt really know or care that a newer checklist has been out for a while

If the vehicle is Mazda certified, you will get a copy of the checklist as well as other CPO documentation. There should also be CPO branding on the car (window stickers, etc) that say that it is a Mazda CPO unit. It could be that this dealer is just using up the old 150pt inspection forms that they have. Or, it may be a smaller place that doesnt really know or care that a newer checklist has been out for a while

This car is a Mazda CPU unit. So, as long as it's a CPO unit, I will get those additonal 12 month warranty regardless if it has 150 or 160 point inspection, right?

yes. and in addition to the 12 months/12k miles added to the basic warranty, the power-train warranty goes to 7 yr/100k miles

Can you tell if those 10 points that are not included in 150 are very important? Do you know what are they?
Are those 10 points that weren't inspected are covered by the warranty should they fail/break?

Back