Anyone have side steps on 2017+?

Awesome! Thanks Oppie1! Looking forward to the update.
So i was able to get these on today, but unable to photo document due to short amount of time i had at work. the first side took me a while as i was trying to figure how everything came off. I did run across an issue that the rear door trim piece kept popping off due to little riim between that and the weather strip on the running board. Took me a while to figure it out and get it fixed. The other side took me about half the time as the first as i knew what i was doing. All in all it only took me about 2 hours from start to finish. There were no holes needed to be drilled at all. I wish the directions were a little more descriptive.

I purchased my boards on Ebay this past August and enjoyed installing them myself. Also, they fit quite nicely.

The quality of these cast aluminum boards is very good.

They really work well for my wife and I as we both have relatively short legs.

To all of you guys who have installed them, congratulations. You just made your CX-5 look better and easier for many people to enter and exit.

Don't worry about those few who ridicule you for installing them. There are many people who will be negative no matter what the subject is and will question your intentions.

Let's just say, "We installed running boards because we could".:)

For a little more info, see my post #821 on this thread from last summer.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...Accessories!&p=6608873&highlight=#post6608873

ODFHj54.jpg

A1bNPyg.jpg

hjQ3EsC.jpg

So i was able to get these on today, but unable to photo document due to short amount of time i had at work. the first side took me a while as i was trying to figure how everything came off. I did run across an issue that the rear door trim piece kept popping off due to little riim between that and the weather strip on the running board. Took me a while to figure it out and get it fixed. The other side took me about half the time as the first as i knew what i was doing. All in all it only took me about 2 hours from start to finish. There were no holes needed to be drilled at all. I wish the directions were a little more descriptive.

Glad you finally got them. I think I'll go ahead and purchase as well.

I purchased my boards on Ebay this past August and enjoyed installing them myself. Also, they fit quite nicely.

The quality of these cast aluminum boards is very good.

They really work well for my wife and I as we both have relatively short legs.

To all of you guys who have installed them, congratulations. You just made your CX-5 look better and easier for many people to enter and exit.

Don't worry about those few who ridicule you for installing them. There are many people who will be negative no matter what the subject is and will question your intentions.

Let's just say, "We installed running boards because we could".:)

For a little more info, see my post #821 on this thread from last summer.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...Accessories!&p=6608873&highlight=#post6608873

ODFHj54.jpg

A1bNPyg.jpg

hjQ3EsC.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this!! So much better than the crap pictures on Ebay. I will be purchasing these for sure. For me, it's purely for cosmetic reasons. I just like the look. Should look nice with my custom rims.

One more question Oppie1,
I understand you did a self install. Did you hoist the car up or is this possible with the car on the ground?
Thanks.

I understand you did a self install. Did you hoist the car up or is this possible with the car on the ground?
Thanks.
I was able to do it all on the ground. If you*re able to put it on ramps it will make it a lot easier, but it*s doable on the ground.

Thanks.

I drove my front wheels onto my Rhino ramps. It gave me a bit more room to work.

Wow looks amazing! May do myself at some point in the future! Just for pure looks! Some people may find it useful as I won*t ever touch it.

Still having issue with it popping one of the clips on the rear door trim piece. Once the rain lets up I need to take a look at it

Last edited:
To David Paul, felixtibs and Oppie1. Another question. The underbody of the CX 5 has felted panels, for noise dampening I suppose. Do those stay after the factory under panels stay on after the installation or are the side step brackets in the way?

Thank you!

Last edited:
To David Paul, felixtibs and Oppie1. Another question. The underbody of the CX 5 has felted panels, for noise dampening I suppose. Do those stay after the factory under panels stay on after the installation or are the side step brackets in the way?

Thank you!

they stay on when the side step brackets are installed.

IMG-0209.jpg

Back