Anyone have side steps on 2017+?

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
Hey folks,
I'm thinking of getting side steps or running boards for my 2017GT. Has anyone bought any of those commonly advertised on ebay? If so, what are your thoughts. Any pics?

Thanks in advance!

Hey folks,
I'm thinking of getting side steps or running boards for my 2017GT. Has anyone bought any of those commonly advertised on ebay? If so, what are your thoughts. Any pics?

Thanks in advance!

following...

i just ordered these off ebay and they should be here on Thursday. I plan on getting them installed this weekend. I offered $250 for mine and they accepted the offer.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

following...

i just ordered these off ebay and they should be here on Thursday. I plan on getting them installed this weekend. I offered $250 for mine and they accepted the offer.

That's the exact same ones I'm thinking of ordering! Could you please post pics after the install? I'd love to see what they look like. Also share how the install went. Was the fitment ok? Any issues?

Many many thanks in advance!

That's the exact same ones I'm thinking of ordering! Could you please post pics after the install? I'd love to see what they look like. Also share how the install went. Was the fitment ok? Any issues?

Many many thanks in advance!

Will do, i'll photo document the install process for you and let you know of any issues i come across

Does anyone have instructions? I ordered a set and im not sure what to do. Do I drill? Cut away the plastic?

Does anyone have instructions? I ordered a set and im not sure what to do. Do I drill? Cut away the plastic?
Which ones did you order? For all the ones I see for sale on Ebay, they say no drilling. They also claim to come with instructions. Can you post a link to the ones you bought?

These are the ones I bought:

They use these little metal brackets. I cant figure out if I need to drill or not. I do not see the holes readily apparent underneath (visible).
Any help is much appreciated!

Here is a picture

s-l500.png

Use double sided tape :)
Sorry, I could not hold back.
They don't come with instructions, on how to install them?

These are the ones I bought:

They use these little metal brackets. I cant figure out if I need to drill or not. I do not see the holes readily apparent underneath (visible).
Any help is much appreciated!

Here is a picture

s-l500.png

Yea, I think the trim needs to be removed in order to access the said holes. I will have a look at mine when I get home from work today. They specifically state that no drilling is required. Too bad about no instructions in the box. Typical China made product. "Thanks for your money, figure it out yourself."

I'm sure once installed, they should look great. I would love to see some pics.

Why would you need side steps on a Mazda CX-5???

It only sits 7.5" above the ground!

That is only 1.5" higher than a Honda Accord!

You're saying the Accord seat is the same height off the ground as the CX-5? It has nothing to do with ground clearance.

You're saying the Accord seat is the same height off the ground as the CX-5? It has nothing to do with ground clearance.

That is the only objective apples-to-apples measurement available, so I included it as a comparison point.

And ground clearance measurement is highly correlated to height off the ground of the foot well, which is your first point of contact when getting in a vehicle. (You don't keep both feet on the ground and go butt first into the car)

As another point of comparison, my 5 YEAR OLD daughter can easily get into the CX-5 without any help.

Unless you are elderly or have a physical disability, there is absolutely no need for side steps. Unless you think they look cool, I guess.

Unless you are elderly or have a physical disability, there is absolutely no need for side steps. Unless you think they look cool, I guess.

It's called customization. Some people want their ride to look a little different than every other stock model. Think motorcycles.

It's called customization. Some people want their ride to look a little different than every other stock model. Think motorcycles.

I get it. Different strokes for different folks.

Side steps are certainly a "unique" way to customize a sleek, cleanly styled vehicle that sits 7.5" above the ground.

For some of us, this is a family car. Makes it a little easier for my kid to get in and out. Plus adds a nice little touch to the appearance.

Back