Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What new Mazda is coming?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Same. + AWD and the turbo that would be interesting.

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

If a 6 wagon was sold in USA. My CX-5 would be traded in. The leg room and width in rear + classy sleek look would seal the deal. Not to mention not being out of breath at 75 mph would be a plus.

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring, 2016 Mazda 6 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...
    I know to many people who have bought vehicles under the Hyundai and Kia umbrella who have went through hell to get them to honor their warranty...it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them...their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The stinger is absolutely legit.
    It should be with poached Engineers from Audi and BMW overseeing the project...the Koreans didn't engineer anything on the Stinger, they threw enough money the way of some lead engineers at Audi and BMW in order to get them on board...this is a German designed and engineered car with a Korean badge.

Registered Member

[QUOTE=Unobtanium;6626379]The stinger is absolutely legit.[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Felt_Rider View Post
    The first honest thought I had when I pulled out that copy from the mailbox, "What a load of crap." Just my honest first thought when I saw it.
    I was so hoping that the new 3 would look decent and also have a return of the Speed 3 that could hang with the GTI or similar. Disappointed on both aspects.

I understand and appreciate Mazda is going in a different direction, but the Zoom Zoom is joke in today's market. Seems like Mazda would be embarrassed to still use that phrase. Almost all the major brands have at least one trim or model that is in the performance game. I watched a preview of Toyota's premier of the Supra GR last night. While it is not appealing to me I am happy to see they are still interested in bringing real Zoom Zoom in the market.
    The Supra was a joint venture with BMW. Toyota threw enough money BMWs way to make it worth their while, the Supra is a rebadged BMW with a Toyota design team body. Why do people keep acting like Mazda has the resources of Toyota or Hyundai/Kia to pay the Germans to engineer sports cars for them because their engineers don't have the racing chops to do it in house...Mazda is a small company, everything they do is basically in house.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

... Never mind

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by cburrell View Post
    I know to many people who have bought vehicles under the Hyundai and Kia umbrella who have went through hell to get them to honor their warranty...it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them...their warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on.
    If it ain*t a Mazda, he*s butthurt...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    ... Never mind
    What he said...

Registered Member

2007 Mazda 3 5-door

If the CX-3 supported CarPlay and had a few more upscale features available such as lumbar support, ventilated seats, etc., and a bit more powerful engine, I would have bought it instead of the CX-5. I like the CX-5 a lot but its a bit larger than Id like. Parking kinda sucks in all the small spaces we have at work and around town.

I like the idea of a 6 wagon too, I would likely trade in my CX-5 for that.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 01-16-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Registered Member

If it ain*t a Mazda, he*s butthurt...
    I actually could careless what others choose to drive, I am just stating the experiences of too many people I know who have or still have Hyundai/Kia...so it is kind of a joke when someone starts talking about Hyundai/Kia warranties with all their loopholes and dealerships who try to pass the buck...don't take my word for it, there is a member in the Mazda 6 section who was just telling a similar story about their crappy warranty support and lack of dealership help on a Hyundai Genesis he previously owned...if you head over to the 6 section you will easily find it because it was a recent post.

Registered Member

*couldn*t* Careless

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring White

Quote Originally Posted by cburrell View Post
    The Supra was a joint venture with BMW. Toyota threw enough money BMWs way to make it worth their while, the Supra is a rebadged BMW with a Toyota design team body. Why do people keep acting like Mazda has the resources of Toyota or Hyundai/Kia to pay the Germans to engineer sports cars for them because their engineers don't have the racing chops to do it in house...Mazda is a small company, everything they do is basically in house.

It is just an honest first thought when I see Zoom Zoom these days. As they say on forums, YMMV. Or in other words, some still feel the aura of Zoom Zoom from Mazda and some, like me, don't.

There was something about the sense of aura just having the Speed3 badge on a car even if it did not have the same performance ability as a WRX or GTI in that era. My thought of the Supra (I could have named another car like Veloster N) was that there are manufacturers that still have a trim or model or two that they put a little extra sauce into the mix. Even though I really do not like the body shape of the new Mazda 3 it seems like it could be a better edition compared to the old Speed3 with just a few tweaks that make it seem performance oriented. A turbo AWD in the 3. Mazda could slap on some Brembo brakes like a lot of other manufacturers seem to do and maybe a few suspension tweaks for cheap and they would be a little closer to something like the Veloster N or base GTI. Maybe even some slight body tweaks that give it a sporty look (not crazy like the Honda Type R).

Mazda doesn't have to compete with cars outside of its class to get attention. If they wanted they could do some little tweaks and slap a Speed badge on it (which most of us would then remove). :-)
    The base GTI can be had for ~$22K and with a couple of mods like the ECU/DSG tune it has potential to hang with a number of cars 3 or 4 times its cost.

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicl...-60-mph-times/
    Speed3 and Speed6 back in the day :-)
    Last edited by Felt_Rider; 01-17-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 Signature

*couldn*t* Careless
    Since you went there - "Couldn't care less"

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    Since you went there - "Couldn't care less"
    I actually put 20 spaces between each word, phone corrects a lot of shit on here, and won*t allow parentheses. Anyways, still couldn*t careless. Oops, it did it again, who fucking cares...

Registered Member

Also, the main point wasn*t to call that out, but to point out I don*t care what a Mazda 6 forums says because Kia did in fact handle the stinger warranty perfectly as I stated. To take it further, the offered repaint, a loaner, and $5k to the owner for the troubles, or a full trade in replacement in another color. Mazda on the other hand, put owners through BS for 2-3 months, reprints their cars, which still turned out shitty for most, and won*t offer a replacement or high trade in value. Pretty shitty, and no way to obtain lifetime customers. It didn*t happen to me personally, and I still feel sorry for those folks, and has me second guessing Mazda, unfortunately...

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast