Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 299

Thread: What new Mazda is coming?

  1. #16
    Registered Member
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,778
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

    And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.
    cx-3's are pretty popular in europe.... i see a lot more there than cx-5's. The different vehicles for different market needs. The platforms are pretty flexible so it's not all that difficult to manufacture.

  2. #17
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,850
    CX-7 makes the most sense to me considering the current market craze.

  3. #18
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    CX-7 makes the most sense to me considering the current market craze.
    Doesn't the CX-5 have more room internally than the old CX-7 did?

    So what role is a proposed CX-7 playing in the current line-up? A bigger CX-5? Not quite a CX-9?

    CX-5 was the replacement for the CX-7 was it not?
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 78k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

  4. #19
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,850
    Hey I’m just as confused by all the SUV sizes as you.

    I would kind of see it as compared to something like the Ford Edge or Nissan Murano.

    And most nameplates have jumped a size class honestly. Doug Demuro recently did a review of the new RAV4 and pointed out that it’s about the same size as the Explorer from the ‘90s.

  5. #20
    Registered Member 7eregrine's Avatar

    2016.5

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    CLE
    Posts
    4,659
    6 Wagon in the US?!?!?!?!

  6. #21
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,850
    And Colorado posts the picture of Clark Griswold’s station wagon in 3...2....1......

  7. #22
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,159
    Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    And Colorado posts the picture of Clark Griswold*s station wagon in 3...2....1......
    Ok...



    I understand the wagon love, even if I think the overall shape and dimensions make them one of the ugliest car classes in existence (like if a wiener dog was a car), but I won't argue. They have their uses, it's just not for me. Different folks, different strokes. 6 wagon would make a lot of folks on this board very happy.
    Last edited by ColoradoDriver; 01-14-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #23
    Registered Member jmhumr's Avatar

    2017 BMW X1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Doesn't the CX-5 have more room internally than the old CX-7 did?

    So what role is a proposed CX-7 playing in the current line-up? A bigger CX-5? Not quite a CX-9?

    CX-5 was the replacement for the CX-7 was it not?
    The 5 and the old 7 are about the same. However, I think something larger than the 5 that isn't a 3-row would be well-received, at least in the US. Something akin to the size of the Edge or new Blazer.

  9. #24
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
    The 5 and the old 7 are about the same. However, I think something larger than the 5 that isn't a 3-row would be well-received, at least in the US. Something akin to the size of the Edge or new Blazer.
    I*d buy it. No use for a 3rd row, but a little more room in the 2nd row would be great. It would fill the need of me being able to sit in the passenger seat comfortably when the baby seat had to be turned around (if you*re taller than 5ft 8 idk how one does this), give a little more room for 2 baby seats for those that need (no way would I keep this thing with two youngings), and just a little more room in general for adults and what not. Too that off with CX-5 like cargo space
    To boot, and you have yourselves a winner, to Me anyways...

  10. #25
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,850
    And I think they have said before that they would introduce another crossover that would be made in that joint plant with Toyota.

  11. #26
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by craigo View Post
    cx-3's are pretty popular in europe.... i see a lot more there than cx-5's. The different vehicles for different market needs. The platforms are pretty flexible so it's not all that difficult to manufacture.

    Yeah, it actually does. In fact, they sell just a few less CX-3's in Europe as they sell Mazda 3's in the USA. I could see a new Mazda CX-3 coming.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature



  12. #27
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; '18 BMW X3

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    1,146
    CX7....Mazda’s answer to the X6 or GLC!
    -2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
    -2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP

  13. #28
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    CX7....Mazda*s answer to the X6 or GLC!
    Seems they have an answer for everything these days, NOT! (Lol)

  14. #29
    Registered Member
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,778
    Larger version of a CX-3 isn't a bad guess. According to this: http://www.madeinalabama.com/2018/10...ials-in-japan/ They're planning 150k corollas and 150k mazda "crossovers". That's a big number for a Mazda model. Are they going to be platform sharing with Toyota? Other possibility is its a tweaked version of China's CX-4 that's more SUV-like. They might drop the base models of the CX-5 for whatever this is - clearly it's meant to be a volume seller, which means cheaper.
    Last edited by craigo; 01-14-2019 at 06:03 PM.

  15. #30
    Registered Member jmhumr's Avatar

    2017 BMW X1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    I*d buy it. No use for a 3rd row, but a little more room in the 2nd row would be great. It would fill the need of me being able to sit in the passenger seat comfortably when the baby seat had to be turned around (if you*re taller than 5ft 8 idk how one does this), give a little more room for 2 baby seats for those that need (no way would I keep this thing with two youngings), and just a little more room in general for adults and what not. Too that off with CX-5 like cargo space
    To boot, and you have yourselves a winner, to Me anyways...
    Preach! It'd be my ideal SUV for just that reason. I don't understand why crossovers are so terrible at accommodating infant seats. Instead of prioritizing this everyday family situation and pushing the rear seats back a few inches so the front passenger isn't chewing their knees, they prioritize the cargo area. Makes no sense to me considering you can always drop the rear seats on those random days you really need the cargo space. At the very least, they should design a sliding rear seat with significant travel distance so owners can customize to their situation (most I've seen only travel a couple inches).

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android Auto is coming to a Mazda near you!
    By Mr.Gadget in forum CX-5 Infotainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 06:23 AM
  2. New to Mazda coming from VW
    By rdjr74 in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM
  3. Mazda 2.3L Product line coming soon
    By Mental Addiction in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
  4. When is the Mazda 3 coming out?
    By dichiee in forum Mazda3 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 10:25 AM
  5. another MAZDA coming to the family!
    By changedman in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •