Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What new Mazda is coming?

Registered Member

2019 cx-5 signature. 2019 cx-3 awd touring

Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    CX-7 or CX-6 seems most likely to me. Not much longer now.
    i can only agree with you, because honestly,
    It can't be a newly redesigned CX-4, this model was only released in 2016. no way a full redesign will happen.
    Only a few more weeks, let's see who's right.

Registered Member

'14 liquid CX-5 AWD GT tech, '19 Veloster N

Quote Originally Posted by Young-nyc View Post
    i can only agree with you, because honestly,
    It can't be a newly redesigned CX-4, this model was only released in 2016. no way a full redesign will happen.
    Only a few more weeks, let's see who's right.
    But how do we know its a "fully redesigned" product? My $ is on heavily refreshed CX-4 that will probably be called CX-6, share the CX-5s engine options and similar if not slightly higher pricing- which I might be willing to absorb..but I want some paddles, sharper handling and FE- the last 2 being fully expected as a result of lighter, sleeker silhouette..bonus: I just learned how to spell silhoutette
    247 community defender of: gen1 steering, styling, seats and gated shifter, compression ignition, rwd, Asian twins, winter tires, manual: tailgates, transmissions, ebrakes, also liquid silver and Lawson's Liquids FTFW!

My automotive lineage:
    1983 Toyota Celica GTS 5MT- aka rustback
    1984 Toyota Supra 5MT- oh what a feelin!
    1991 Toyota MR2T 6MT- Awesome- fun AND dangerous
    2002 MB C230 Coupe 6MT- 1st new car(chosen over GTI)- good until gremlins
    +enter bad driveway
    2006 Acura TL 6MT (shortest ownership by far 1year of tq steer&driveway fails>enough)
    2007 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L -boring excellence
    2009 BMW 128i 6MT - End of the old-school bimmers- should have kept.. wanted 4drs
    2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT - Not so boring excellence- continues to impress
    2015 BMW X1 RWD Msport - Liked it, fast and still did donuts, e-steering=fail
    2019 Hyundai Veloster N- 6MT or bust bitch (love that)fun/dollar untouchable right now(well BRZ but Veloster has a real back seat and smokes it)

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 GT FWD, 2015 Mazda 3 Touring

although i would tend to agree,

it's a world premiere, also it's noted on the MazdaUSA website
    https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/pre...va-motor-show/

also read the first line on the C&D article:
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...onfirmed-2020/

it's coming to the US., good thing you weren't gambling...
    I'm referring to the American built SUV, not this cx-4. They also will not spend the millions on tooling to produce it in Japan for a few months... it'll be sometime here in 2021 or 22.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7eregrine View Post
    The 19? I sat in a 16 and the space in the cockpit was a bit crampy for me. Supposedly improved in 19?
    No it was one of my work friends 16 or 17 who just 'upgraded' (well size wise at least and he hated tiny fuel tank) to a loaded Crosstrek which is ok(slow, CVT are my issues- manual while great to still see has infuriating levels of rev hang)but again at that price (29 and change I think he said but he leased) I'm going CX-5 with zero hesitation..he said its too big for what he needs- to which I said something but will opt out of sharing publicly- see getting better

And yeah- decent fun to drive the little squirt despite its modest(that's being nice) power and I fit in it ok enough but its just way too compromised in the rear/cargo quarters to get a blip on my radar and I definitely think its their worst looking most oddly proportioned vehicle in the current lineup- but they have a pretty good looking lineup and its not terrible- def not sexy but not terrible. 9er is tops for me because it stands out as best in class looks by far- and she can dance too.
    Last edited by Monterra; 02-08-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

i agree...but a fully refreshed cx-4 is still a cx-4,
    it HAS to be a new model lineup, that's what Mazda announced, let's see what's to come.
    I can't wait. If it's a bigger CX-5 i'm in! if it's smaller or lower than a CX-5 i'm out and will be picking up the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
    But how do we know its a "fully redesigned" product? My $ is on heavily refreshed CX-4 that will probably be called CX-6, share the CX-5s engine options and similar if not slightly higher pricing- which I might be willing to absorb..but I want some paddles, sharper handling and FE- the last 2 being fully expected as a result of lighter, sleeker silhouette..bonus: I just learned how to spell silhoutette

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Doubt also, but one can hope. My boss used to have an RX-8 and is sorely disappointed Mazda lacks anything in their lineup to replace it. She's looking at a Kia Stinger for crying out loud. A Kia! As well as other sportier cars.
    So almost a month late but couldn't let this one slide(missed it)..
    I drove the RX-8 15 or so years ago when my MR2 turbo was my DD(edit..I had C230c by then so MR2 was my beater/snow car by then I guess- yeah Nokian snow tires on that thing it was a beast 10x better than my 1 wheel peel Merc was but I digress) and thought meh needs torque like a lot more torque! I drove the Stinger GT last fall and thought omg this thing is fkn awesome but its bigger than I want and needs a manual but...- a fkn Kia for crying out loud!! Then I drove the Veloster N on a whim and thought hfs this thing is mind-blowingly awesome to drive despite being fwd..S. Korea is killing it lately in case you weren't paying enough attention- sure the interiors are nowhere near the uppity Germans in terms of quality but they aren't horrible either and to me driving is believing.

Next up- trying to sell the wife on the Telluride..she's all like but its Kia for crying out loud! Yep- and so is the Stinger- give it try seems to have a lot going for it, not buying 1st model year anyway..Ascent is high on her list also..CX-9- liked it but small-ish and no close dealers so probably not a multi-Mazda fam..
    Last edited by Monterra; 02-08-2019 at 06:28 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

The more I look at it.
    It actually might be the cx4 US and global market versions. Offering the same engine as the new mazda3 and platform. The question is, would this be bigger or smaller than the cx-5? Anyone has specs of the current cx-4 vs cx-5?

[/URL]

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Definitely smaller.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 80k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

Definitely smaller.
    Do you have specs of the current cx-4 and how it compares to the current cx-5?

Cx4:
    Length 182.4Ē
    Width 72.4Ē
    Wheelbase 106.2Ē

Cx5:
    Length 179.1
    Width 72.5Ē
    Wheelbase 106.2Ē

The specs saids itís not any smaller.
    Except height.
    Last edited by Young-nyc; 02-12-2019 at 01:45 AM.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Do you have specs of the current cx-4 and how it compares to the current cx-5?
    I may have been partly wrong. From what I read CX-4 is slightly longer than CX-5, but has the same wheelbase and width. The difference is that the 4 is definitely shorter in height vs the 5.

CX-4 definitely looks more wagon like to me.

Registered Member

I may have been partly wrong. From what I read CX-4 is slightly longer than CX-5, but has the same wheelbase and width. The difference is that the 4 is definitely shorter in height vs the 5.

CX-4 definitely looks more wagon like to me.
    As long as you can own up to your mistaken assumptions. Itís all good man.
    The new cx-4, if it is the cx-4, could be bigger than the cx-5 as it will be based on a new platform.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

As long as you can own up to your mistaken assumptions. Itís all good man.
    The new cx-4, if it is the cx-4, could be bigger than the cx-5 as it will be based on a new platform.
    Yeah I try not to assume, but I totally did there.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

The CX-4 is long and low. I have seen several when in China. With small wheels, it looks cheap but with good size wheels, looks fantastic. Visually, it looks much longer than the CX-5 because of the low roof line.

I am not sure how much difference there will be between this and a 5 door AWD Mazda 3.
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    The CX-4 is long and low. I have seen several when in China. With small wheels, it looks cheap but with good size wheels, looks fantastic. Visually, it looks much longer than the CX-5 because of the low roof line.

I am not sure how much difference there will be between this and a 5 door AWD Mazda 3.

it'll be like a mazda 3 on steroids.
    however i like to see how this stacks up with the cx-5.
    I know the new suv hasn't been unveiled yet, but man the rear looks sexy!

Registered Member

The only thing that makes sense is something that slots between the CX-5 and CX-9. I donít believe the CX-7 name plate will return, it wasnít a shining moment for Mazda. My guess it is will be a CX-6 or possibly the CX-8. I doubt the CX-8, as thatís already out over seas but isnít engineered for the US market.

Also, Moro announced another crossover is coming later after this. My guess is the redesigned CX-3, which will be based off the new Mazda3 as opposed to the Mazda2. The current CX-3 is just way to small.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast