What new Mazda is coming?

i think so too!
i can't see it being a cx-4 as it's already in the Mazda lineup.
So few more weeks, let's see what this new baby is, and i wonder what the availability on this suv would be summer june/july?

Should be slated for just after the 2017 Diesels.

Previously to the CX5, I have owned a 08' VW Rabbit, that I had for over 6-1/2 years and I did not have a single issue with it. It was build in Germany, with Mexican engine and Japanese transmission.
I had quite a few issues, with the CX5 and it is a Japanese car.
I'm with CX4 for now, and CX7 for later, that will be build here.

Previously to the CX5, I have owned a 08' VW Rabbit, that I had for over 6-1/2 years and I did not have a single issue with it. It was build in Germany, with Mexican engine and Japanese transmission.
I had quite a few issues, with the CX5 and it is a Japanese car.
I'm with CX4 for now, and CX7 for later, that will be build here.

Nice I had an 08 Rabbit as well with 0 issues. Mine was a manual which was from Argentina if I recall correctly.

Edit: correction I had one power lock replaced which was warranty covered. Thats less than the issues on any other car Ive owned for an extended time. So far were doing well on the CX-5 also.

Last edited:
Lets see. New plant in America. Wants to go premium. I'm thinking one new SUV should be catered for the North American market. How about a redesigned BT-50 with a kodo refresh?

It's two different things because I believe the Japanese brand vehicle is just assembled from sub-assemblies here in America. All the window motors and jazz like that is made in Japan, so if you don't screw it up too bad, it's going to be fine. An American brand like a Jeep, Ford, or Chrysler uses sub-assemblies made here, or China, or Mexico, and my experiences there are...not so good.

Lol. They don't ship window motors from Japan. Part suppliers set up shop near the factory - it's a hallmark of just in time manufacturing. Here is your window motor manufacturer: https://www.denso.com/us-ca/en/about-us/company-information/anc/

Denso makes much of the random nuts and bolt parts that go into cars. And they do it locally. https://www.denso.com/global/en/about-us/global-network/north-america/

Again, I'll repeat my experience. My wife's Mexico-built 3 is superior in quality to my Japan built CX-5.

There are some real economic differences in why the foreign brands can spend more on parts but getting into that here is likely to trigger people and way off topic anyways. Let*s just leave it to the quality is determined by what the OE specs and is willing to pay for. And the assembly quality is determined by the design of the assembly processes and QA processes. It can be repeated anywhere if designed properly.

Exactly. Baseless rambling about work ethic culture or what have you is thinly veiled prejudice. Can't say I'm surprised given post history.

The good news is most people no longer think its okay to think this way. The bad news is they make up excuses for it when it spills out of their mouth.

Last edited:
Lets see. New plant in America. Wants to go premium. I'm thinking one new SUV should be catered for the North American market. How about a redesigned BT-50 with a kodo refresh?

You mean like this...

2019-mazda-bt-50.jpg

Or this.....

Mazda-BT-50-2020-00211-640x384.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. Baseless rambling about work ethic culture or what have you is thinly veiled prejudice. Can't say I'm surprised given post history.

The good news is most people no longer think its okay to think this way. The bad news is they make up excuses for it when it spills out of their mouth.

Its carry over. Most of my $$ purchases are firearm related. Country of origin is HUGE. For real reasons. My car experiences parallel that.

Also, screw that PC crap. When you can earn many times as much and live to a higher standard in 1 country vs another, you likely will move if you're a good worker. I want the workers who were hungry and successful vs the ones who stayed in lesser situations, no matter their reasoning, to build my vehicle. You do you, that's fine.

Notice that noone cares about the race or ethnicity of who is doing the work, and its all about WHERE its done, that we are harping on? Thats a clue...

Or this.....

Mazda-BT-50-2020-00211-640x384.jpg

This actually looks interesting. A 2.5L Turbo AWD would match a small pickup perfectly not to mention increased towing capacity. That said it looks a bit too pretty to go off roading lol.

This actually looks interesting. A 2.5L Turbo AWD would match a small pickup perfectly not to mention increased towing capacity. That said it looks a bit too pretty to go off roading lol.

Honda already did this. I dont believe its a big seller.

I'd be up for this in a heartbeat!!!

Yeah, so bad you apparently didn't even know its been around fornover a decade I believe.

Also so crappy it just suffered a recall for catching fire from car wash soap. No joke. Honda really wearing that *reliable* crown proud these days, lol.

From Autoweek, posted today:

Mazda
"CX-4:" The automaker previewed an all-new compact SUV earlier this month that will slot in between -- you guessed it -- the CX-3 and the CX-5. This model is expected to start rolling out of the factory later this year, which makes it kind of amazing that we haven't seen more of it by now. Mazda released a murky teaser image of this planned model earlier.
"The second model in the company*s new-generation line-up features a more mature KODO design language and Mazda*s new-generation SKYACTIV-Vehicle Architecture," the automaker said earlier this year. "The powertrain lineup showcases the latest SKYACTIV engines, including the company*s the revolutionary SKYACTIV-X, which adopts a unique combustion method combining the free-revving performance of a petrol engine with the superior response of a diesel."
MX-5 30th Anniversary: This is that limited edition model in a special color that sold out four hours after it was shown. Mazda will bring it to Geneva to taunt those who weren't quick enough to reserve one online. There's a waiting list though.

Read more: https://autoweek.com/article/geneva...review-heres-whats-coming-march#ixzz5fuOjKKVW

Back