What new Mazda is coming?

That is kinda my point. To Americans, they are dirty Mexicans. To Germans, they are dirty Americans. It is all the same. In reality, most all of these cars are made by robots. Dirty stinking robots!

My Corvette was made by people. I spent 3 days watching it at Bowling Green. The fender ended up cracked by the time I took delivery, and needed replacement, btw.

While I do lean towards the idea of greater quality and pride in craftsmanship from Japan and Germany, the majority of my automotive repair issues are rooted in engineering/design flaws. I've never had an issue that was assembly related. That goes for GM, BMW, and a variety of Japanese cars I've owned.

Ive killed multiple water pumps on a chrysler and ford, but never one on a JDM vehicle. Same for window motors and other components. My JDMs just dont have those issues.

OK so back on topic!
so the guesses are:
new CX-3
new CX-4
new lineup CX-6/ CX-7

that should cover it.
as stated by Mazda, it's a whole new lineup, so we will see who's guesses are right.

I am unsure what it will be, but its time we get something cool. We get the worst Landrovers on the planet. We dont get half the diesels. No TVR. Etc....

OK so back on topic!
so the guesses are:
new CX-3
new CX-4
new lineup CX-6/ CX-7

that should cover it.
as stated by Mazda, it's a whole new lineup, so we will see who's guesses are right.

Apologies if someone already linked to this, but heres an article leaning heavy on the CX-4ish guess. If so, will Mazda will even stick to the CX naming convention? I dont quite understand why they introduce things like the CX-4 to China and not elsewhere, but it makes me wonder if they want it to have fresh branding for the new lineup.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2019/02/one-more-thing-about-that-mazda-crossover/

Cant wait!

Last edited:
Anti-Mexico attitude not based in reality and reeks of racial prejudice.

So claiming a JDM model built is better than a USD model is also racist against Americans?

I recall animosity against US built Mazdas in Michigan vs ones built in Japan. There was suspicion that JDM Mazdas were built better.

Is being Anti-America of racial prejudice here?

BTW, Mexican is not a race....

Why pretend to hide it?

Cmon dude no one said anything wrong or remotely racist imo- he said he prefers his Japanese/German cars built in Japan/Germany with more established and experienced parts and labor..I've zero problems with that and don't understand why anyone would.

So claiming a JDM model built is better than a USD model is also racist against Americans?

I recall animosity against US built Mazda*s in Michigan vs ones built in Japan. There was suspicion that JDM Mazda*s were built better.

Is being Anti-America of racial prejudice here?

BTW, Mexican is not a race....

No, you can only be racist against Mexicans because they are a minority in relation to your location when making said post, you can't be racist against Americans as they are a majority. Didn't you get the Victim's Handbook?

*Yes, I would STRONGLY prefer a JDM made vehicle over an American made one, and I said so initially. I've owned both, and the small parts quality of the JDM vehicle far exceeded its American made counterpart.

^Obviously someone wreaking of 'American-Privilege'. You've never bathed in the pool of identity politics for half-wits.

I also think most cars designed by the Japanese and Koreans over those produced here or even in Europe. Hard to articulate, but their engineering approach tends toward simplicity. That sun-roof may be a little slower and noisier than a German car but it will have half the number of cogs, pulleys and cables...and more likely to still be working just fine 30 years later.

^Obviously someone wreaking of 'American-Privilege'. You've never bathed in the pool of identity politics for half-wits.

I also think most cars designed by the Japanese and Koreans over those produced here or even in Europe. Hard to articulate, but their engineering approach tends toward simplicity. That sun-roof may be a little slower and noisier than a German car but it will have half the number of cogs, pulleys and cables...and more likely to still be working just fine 30 years later.

My main perception is the quality of the parts and assemblies themselves is superior. They use better plastic, better rubber, the tolerances of the metal components are better, etc. It just...works better. Like comparing a STIHL to a Paulan chainsaw. They look and work the same, but not for equally as long...

The Koreans, they have less institutional clutter, being newer. They could clean-slate a lot of stuff without having to make allowances for "We already have this...".

My main perception is the quality of the parts and assemblies themselves is superior. They use better plastic, better rubber, the tolerances of the metal components are better, etc. It just...works better. Like comparing a STIHL to a Paulan chainsaw. They look and work the same, but not for equally as long...

The Koreans, they have less institutional clutter, being newer. They could clean-slate a lot of stuff without having to make allowances for "We already have this...".

Are you taking about an American car like your Jeep or Corvette? Or a Japanese or German car that was made in North America? I think this is two completely different things.

Are you taking about an American car like your Jeep or Corvette? Or a Japanese or German car that was made in North America? I think this is two completely different things.

It's two different things because I believe the Japanese brand vehicle is just assembled from sub-assemblies here in America. All the window motors and jazz like that is made in Japan, so if you don't screw it up too bad, it's going to be fine. An American brand like a Jeep, Ford, or Chrysler uses sub-assemblies made here, or China, or Mexico, and my experiences there are...not so good.

It's two different things because I believe the Japanese vehicle is just assembled from sub-assemblies here in America. All the window motors and jazz like that is made in Japan, so if you don't screw it up too bad, it's going to be fine. An American made car uses sub-assemblies made here, or China, or Mexico, and my experiences there are...not so good.

Not so fast. In order to get the nafta tax breaks they have minimum % or locally sourced part requirements. Go to a Toyota of Honda dealer and look at some window stickers. Theyre often more American made than an American brand car!

There are some real economic differences in why the foreign brands can spend more on parts but getting into that here is likely to trigger people and way off topic anyways. Lets just leave it to the quality is determined by what the OE specs and is willing to pay for. And the assembly quality is determined by the design of the assembly processes and QA processes. It can be repeated anywhere if designed properly.

Not so fast. In order to get the nafta tax breaks they have minimum % or locally sourced part requirements. Go to a Toyota of Honda dealer and look at some window stickers. They*re often more American made than an American brand car!

This is very true. But my CX5 is not one of 'em.

Yup the CX-5 has a very high Japanese content. I don*t think I*ve seen any other vehicle that is that high to be honest.

My 370Z was 99% JDM per window sticker.
My G20 was the same, I believe but am not 100% sure.

Having owned Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet, Infiniti, Nissan, and now Mazda, I've formed preferences. I'd like to add a German car too, just to say "Done that", hence why I look at the AMG stuff.

Im going with CX-6 then

i think so too!
i can't see it being a cx-4 as it's already in the Mazda lineup.
So few more weeks, let's see what this new baby is, and i wonder what the availability on this suv would be summer june/july?

Back