What new Mazda is coming?

Reports are that a new Mazda model will be introduced at this years Geneva auto show (in a few months). Some people think it will be a bigger replacement for the CX-3 while others have suggested the long rumored RX replacement (doubt). Any ideas?

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/mazda-confirms-new-model-geneva-2020-cx-3/

Doubt also, but one can hope. My boss used to have an RX-8 and is sorely disappointed Mazda lacks anything in their lineup to replace it. She's looking at a Kia Stinger for crying out loud. A Kia! As well as other sportier cars.

Doubt also, but one can hope. My boss used to have an RX-8 and is sorely disappointed Mazda lacks anything in their lineup to replace it. She's looking at a Kia Stinger for crying out loud. A Kia! As well as other sportier cars.

The Kia Stinger is not from the Kia of old. Have you been in one? Mazda could use something like it!

The Kia Stinger is not from the Kia of old. Have you been in one? Mazda could use something like it!

I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...

Last edited:
I noticed on fueleconomy.gov there is a listing for a 2019 Mazda 2. But hopefully something more interesting than that.

I noticed on fueleconomy.gov there is a listing for a 2019 Mazda 2. But hopefully something more interesting than that.

You might be onto something, but that would suck, if you want one of those little crapolas, just buy a Toyota Yaris...

I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...

Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.

Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.

Pretty sure Mazda is moving away from Zoom Zoom and more towards Bling Bling

Yeah I know.

The sad part is the news mag I got from Mazda itself last month was titled *ZOOM ZOOM!*

Don*t judge a book by its cover they say, lol, because I sure the hell didn*t find any inside...lol

The sad part is the news mag I got from Mazda itself last month was titled *ZOOM ZOOM!*

Don*t judge a book by its cover they say, lol, because I sure the hell didn*t find any inside...lol

Hey I got that mag too and thought the same thing lol!

My hope: CX-7, a mid-size two-row crossover that'll be built at the new Alabama plant.

Typically I'd say Geneva is a weird place for that kind of unveil, but on second thought, it might actually be a clever opportunity for Mazda to face-off against the European luxury brands.

cx-3's are pretty popular in europe.... i see a lot more there than cx-5's. The different vehicles for different market needs. The platforms are pretty flexible so it's not all that difficult to manufacture.

CX-7 makes the most sense to me considering the current market craze.

Doesn't the CX-5 have more room internally than the old CX-7 did?

So what role is a proposed CX-7 playing in the current line-up? A bigger CX-5? Not quite a CX-9?

CX-5 was the replacement for the CX-7 was it not?

Hey Im just as confused by all the SUV sizes as you.

I would kind of see it as compared to something like the Ford Edge or Nissan Murano.

And most nameplates have jumped a size class honestly. Doug Demuro recently did a review of the new RAV4 and pointed out that its about the same size as the Explorer from the 90s.

Back