What new Mazda is coming?

Yeah, and if you see the CX-4 in person, it is larger than a 5-door Mazda 3. Almost looks like a station wagon. Nice looking car but not a CX-3 replacement. The CX-3 is really, really tight in the back seat. They need to fix that.

Tight in the back seat? How about the front seat? When the CX-3 came out a few years ago, it was the car I was waiting for. I didn't want a Mazda 2, and I wanted a small sporty SUV. However, being 6'4", I cannot even ENTER a CX-3. Literally cannot enter the car even if I touch my nose to my knee and try to barrel roll into the door. Compared to a Qashqai (which is extremely big in comparison) or HR-V, the CX-3 is a clown car. I would support and be very interested in a slightly bigger version.

Not trying to stereotype here, but every time I see a CX-3 driving around I look at the driver, and from my personal experience it is usually always a tiny woman driving it. Would be nice if Mazda could make a car in that range for taller men to look at as well and have as an option when car shopping.

Last edited:
I definitely think it*s whatever they are making in that joint plant.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/details/mazda-cx-x-suv-confirmed-110065/

Yes, Mazda already confirmed that it is a hybrid with an optional rotary engine range extender.

"Mazda will initially launch two battery EVs. One powered solely by battery, the other pairing a battery with Mazda's small, lightweight and exceptionally quiet rotary engine as a range-extender.

The range-extender will recharge the battery when necessary to increase the vehicle's driving range, eliminating the range anxiety which continues to trouble a high percentage of battery EV users.

The rotary engine's small size and high power output make multiple electrification technology solutions possible via a shared packaging layout. Taking advantage of the rotary engine*s compatibility with gaseous fuels, the rotary-powered range extender is designed to also burn liquefied petroleum gas and provide a source of electricity in emergencies."

https://www.mazda-press.com/eu/news/2018/mazda-rotary-engine-to-return-as-ev-range-extender-/

Your Wankel Prius Is Coming!

Last edited:
Tight in the back seat? How about the front seat? When the CX-3 came out a few years ago, it was the car I was waiting for. I didn't want a Mazda 2, and I wanted a small sporty SUV. However, being 6'4", I cannot even ENTER a CX-3. Literally cannot enter the car even if I touch my nose to my knee and try to barrel roll into the door. Compared to a Qashqai (which is extremely big in comparison) or HR-V, the CX-3 is a clown car. I would support and be very interested in a slightly bigger version.

Not trying to stereotype here, but every time I see a CX-3 driving around I look at the driver, and from my personal experience it is usually always a tiny woman driving it. Would be nice if Mazda could make a car in that range for taller men to look at as well and have as an option when car shopping.

I've noticed this too.

CX-3 is indeed too small. I'm only 6', but I have really long legs and I agree it is not a comfortable vehicle unless you're short.

So wouldn't surprise me if they are introducing a bit bigger version for the US market.

I could see that being the case but for me and my son, both at 6'1" and no more than 190 lbs, I did not find the front to be problematic. The back was an absolute no go.

The CX-3 was also really fun to drive. The handling was tight and very flickable. My son desperately wanted it but the cost was nuts. 25K for a mid level CX-3 or 21K for the roomier and faster Mazda 3. The pricing of the CX-3 just made no sense.

The first honest thought I had when I pulled out that copy from the mailbox, "What a load of crap." Just my honest first thought when I saw it.
I was so hoping that the new 3 would look decent and also have a return of the Speed 3 that could hang with the GTI or similar. Disappointed on both aspects.

I understand and appreciate Mazda is going in a different direction, but the Zoom Zoom is joke in today's market. Seems like Mazda would be embarrassed to still use that phrase. Almost all the major brands have at least one trim or model that is in the performance game. I watched a preview of Toyota's premier of the Supra GR last night. While it is not appealing to me I am happy to see they are still interested in bringing real Zoom Zoom in the market.

The Supra is a badged BMW with an entry price of 50K. Toyota offers 6 different type of SUV's or cross-overs. Mazda only offers a total of 8 vehicles total! Five of which can be had in trims that do 0-60 in less 6.X seconds or less (CX-5 Sig, Mazda 6 Sig, Miata, CX-9 Sig, Mazda 3 2.5).

For what they are, Mazda offers cars with lots of performance, especially given their price point. I would argue they are still very zoom, zoom.

I could see that being the case but for me and my son, both at 6'1" and no more than 190 lbs, I did not find the front to be problematic. The back was an absolute no go.

The CX-3 was also really fun to drive. The handling was tight and very flickable. My son desperately wanted it but the cost was nuts. 25K for a mid level CX-3 or 21K for the roomier and faster Mazda 3. The pricing of the CX-3 just made no sense.

Ah...see I am 6' but closer to 230 lbs. I tried sitting in a CX-3 at the dealer once and it was definitely not comfortable.

Yeah, pricing wise, I agree that does not make much sense. I suppose price comparing to a CX-5, but once you factor in the 3, pricing really does not make sense.

Yeah, and if you see the CX-4 in person, it is larger than a 5-door Mazda 3. Almost looks like a station wagon. Nice looking car but not a CX-3 replacement. The CX-3 is really, really tight in the back seat. They need to fix that.

Really? And I thought the CX 4 was like a CX 5 but with a coupe look. But, I haven't seen it in person as you have.

Really? And I thought the CX 4 was like a CX 5 but with a coupe look. But, I haven't seen it in person as you have.

It would be funny if they made a coupe SUV like the X4 or GLC and brought back mazdaspeed with it. Heads would probably explode. [emoji23]

Yeah, I go to China a lot and I always notice them. Very nice looking but long and low. Most versions that I see have small wheels. It actually might be the same length as the CX-5 but it just looks so much longer.

Yeah, I go to China a lot and I always notice them. Very nice looking but long and low. Most versions that I see have small wheels. It actually might be the same length as the CX-5 but it just looks so much longer.

It's about 2.5" longer and it is a "coupe" design. Not a station wagon.

I*m repelled by wagons...

Not even the V90? I mean it's really just a short SUV if you think about it. Lift it up, it's an XC60!

198297_new_volvo_v90_cross_country_studio.jpg

Nothing?

Last edited:
Back