Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 291

Thread: What new Mazda is coming?

  1. #1
    Registered Member

    2014 CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Lansdale, PA
    Posts
    1,796

    What new Mazda is coming?

    Reports are that a new Mazda model will be introduced at this years Geneva auto show (in a few months). Some people think it will be a bigger replacement for the CX-3 while others have suggested the long rumored RX replacement (doubt). Any ideas?

    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/ma...eva-2020-cx-3/
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature



  2. #2
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Reports are that a new Mazda model will be introduced at this years Geneva auto show (in a few months). Some people think it will be a bigger replacement for the CX-3 while others have suggested the long rumored RX replacement (doubt). Any ideas?

    https://www.carscoops.com/2019/01/ma...eva-2020-cx-3/
    Doubt also, but one can hope. My boss used to have an RX-8 and is sorely disappointed Mazda lacks anything in their lineup to replace it. She's looking at a Kia Stinger for crying out loud. A Kia! As well as other sportier cars.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD | Jet Black Mica - 78k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 buy

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Doubt also, but one can hope. My boss used to have an RX-8 and is sorely disappointed Mazda lacks anything in their lineup to replace it. She's looking at a Kia Stinger for crying out loud. A Kia! As well as other sportier cars.
    The Kia Stinger is not from the Kia of old. Have you been in one? Mazda could use something like it!

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    The Kia Stinger is not from the Kia of old. Have you been in one? Mazda could use something like it!
    I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

    a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...
    Last edited by NelsonLewis; 01-14-2019 at 02:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered Member

    2017 CX-5

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    1,850
    I noticed on fueleconomy.gov there is a listing for a 2019 Mazda 2. But hopefully something more interesting than that.

  6. #6
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    I noticed on fueleconomy.gov there is a listing for a 2019 Mazda 2. But hopefully something more interesting than that.
    You might be onto something, but that would suck, if you want one of those little crapolas, just buy a Toyota Yaris...

  7. #7
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; '18 BMW X3

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    1,146
    I see them here in Germany. They’re not ugly like the Yaris.
    -2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring Soul Red Premium
    -2018 BMW X3 xDrive30i Phytonic Blue - ZCV, ZDA, ZPK, ZPP

  8. #8
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    I was about to say...That RX-8 wish it was one, faster, way better looking, and a way better warranty, a warranty that Kia actually stands behind (look what they did for their paint issue customers). The Rx-8 being discontinued was good riddance...

    a bigger CX-3 is just a CX-5 to me...
    Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

    And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  9. #9
    US Specs in Europe boandlkramer's Avatar

    '17 CX-5 GT AWD; '18 BMW X3

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Bayern, Deutschland
    Posts
    1,146
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...
    Pretty sure Mazda is moving away from Zoom Zoom and more towards Bling Bling
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  10. #10
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    Pretty sure Mazda is moving away from Zoom Zoom and more towards Bling Bling
    Yeah I know.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

    And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by boandlkramer View Post
    Pretty sure Mazda is moving away from Zoom Zoom and more towards Bling Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Yeah I know.
    The sad part is the news mag I got from Mazda itself last month was titled *ZOOM ZOOM!*

    Don*t judge a book by its cover they say, lol, because I sure the hell didn*t find any inside...lol

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Oh I am not slamming the Stinger, just making commentary about the former "Zoom Zoom" brand...

    And agreed on a bigger CX-3 being a CX-5. I really don't understand having a bazillion differently sized CUVs.
    We*re becoming the new Ford. Ouch!!

  13. #13
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    The sad part is the news mag I got from Mazda itself last month was titled *ZOOM ZOOM!*

    Don*t judge a book by its cover they say, lol, because I sure the hell didn*t find any inside...lol
    Hey I got that mag too and thought the same thing lol!
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  14. #14
    Registered Member jmhumr's Avatar

    2017 BMW X1

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Reston, VA
    Posts
    452
    My hope: CX-7, a mid-size two-row crossover that'll be built at the new Alabama plant.

    Typically I'd say Geneva is a weird place for that kind of unveil, but on second thought, it might actually be a clever opportunity for Mazda to face-off against the European luxury brands.

  15. #15
    Registered Member

    16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    1,945
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Hey I got that mag too and thought the same thing lol!
    I was definitely thinking surely someone else noticed this as they*ve been slamming Feel Alive down our throats for awhile now...

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android Auto is coming to a Mazda near you!
    By Mr.Gadget in forum CX-5 Infotainment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 06:23 AM
  2. New to Mazda coming from VW
    By rdjr74 in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM
  3. Mazda 2.3L Product line coming soon
    By Mental Addiction in forum Mazdaspeed3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
  4. When is the Mazda 3 coming out?
    By dichiee in forum Mazda3 Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-16-2003, 10:25 AM
  5. another MAZDA coming to the family!
    By changedman in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2003, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •