Rearview camera

MRV

:
Mazda cx 5
I am new to cx 5 2018 and I wonder if the rearview camera shows only two fixed lines and not moving with the movement of the steering wheel.
Any thing I can do to fix it?

I am new to cx 5 2018 and I wonder if the rearview camera shows only two fixed lines and not moving with the movement of the steering wheel.
Any thing I can do to fix it?

Unfortunately, the CX-5 back up camera does not have trajectory lines that move with the front wheels.

None of the Mazda products have them.

However, the fixed lines are quite accurate. You can trust the camera to show where your vehicle is in conjunction with those lines in accordance with the surrounding area.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the CX-5 back up camera does not have trajectory lines that move with the front wheels.

However, the fixed lines are quite accurate. You can trust the camera to show where your vehicle is in conjunction with those lines in accordance with the surrounding area.

Yes...on the back-up camera only...but I'm pretty sure the 360 camera view have the trajectory lines.

Mazda does offer trajectory lines on backup camera screen for CX-5 as showing in Anchorman's post from UK. Mazda North American Operations simply decline to offer this feature to US customers.

The front sensors are integrated into the rear camera so it generates an image of the front and back sensors on the screen that drops out at about 3mph. Cars with HID headlights must have headlamp washers but not LEDs, don't ask me why!
The parking sensors show up on the rear camera screen too but no headlight washers and no rear camera washer as you can see!

IMG_2821_zpsssibhuhb.jpg

Mazda does offer trajectory lines on backup camera screen for CX-5 as showing in Anchorman's post from UK. Mazda North American Operations simply decline to offer this feature to US customers.

Is the picture for 2018 or 2019.
And is it US or UK model?

Correct. I have to switch to 360 view to get the trajectory lines on my '19.

Same here. I have to hit the red button in corner of monitor to get trajectory lines and tbh I like it that way. Arguably, the Mazda monitors lack in size and clarity and, for me, the trajectory lines clutter the view. I like that the lines are off and can be turned on easily for (infrequent imho) situations where they*re needed. Fwiw there are still straight distance lines visible but they don*t *bend*.

My opinion... the 360 system is very tough to figure out on a simple short test drive. Keep in mind it has sensors that dictate what the monitor shows (can be overridden with simple touch of button). To anyone who feels this system makes or breaks decision to buy I 100% recommend you spend some serious time trying it all out before you sign. Take the car home for a few hours without salesdude in the back seat.

Last edited:
My other vehicle has the trajectory lines and it confuses me since my 2013 CX-5 does not them. Do I base my decisions when backing up on the blue fixed rectangle or the curving red and yellow lines? If I*m supposed to use the curving lines, then what*s the purpose of the blue ones?

Is the picture for 2018 or 2019.
And is it US or UK model?
I believe Anchorman in UK has a 2017 CX-5. But his previous gen-1 CX-5 also has trajectory guidelines in backup camera display.

My other vehicle has the trajectory lines and it confuses me since my 2013 CX-5 does not them. Do I base my decisions when backing up on the blue fixed rectangle or the curving red and yellow lines? If I*m supposed to use the curving lines, then what*s the purpose of the blue ones?

The straight lines tell you as to where your car would head if you backed up straight and the curved lines tell you where the car is heading if you Keep your steering turned the Way it is. Once you have got your car in the correct angle while backing in to the garage, straighten the steering and you will see that the two sets of line overlapp. Now proceed to reverse till you have parked the car.

Back