Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cx5 external color

2019 Signature CX-5 Black Mica

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Which plastic trim is this referring to?
    I'm bet he's referring to the trim around the wheels, the rocker panels and maybe the lower front fascia. I wouldn't say it is ugly by and means. But it is my preference that it blends in with the painted surfaces giving a more uniform look. Honestly I think all if the color choices Mazda offers are great and look good with the trim whether it's contrast or blends in.

2018 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMx View Post
    Deep Blue Crystal Mica with Parchment interior. I*d go with the Eternal Blue if it weren*t for the contrasting interior.
    Ditto!
    Magical Hot Wheels: http://www.htbomb.weebly.com

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by MRV View Post
    If you are to choose CX 5 external color. Which one would select from the available colors?
    The precision of your wording pleases me greatly.

I am honestly not sure. I've only been picky about the color of 2 vehicles. I wanted my 370Z in what you Mazda folks would call "Machine Grey", and my Z06 in "Arctic White" (a true white, with no pearl or metal).

I would likely pick machine gray if I had a choice of multiple colors, for a CX5.

Registered Member

19 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by SignatureCX5 View Post
    I'm bet he's referring to the trim around the wheels, the rocker panels and maybe the lower front fascia. I wouldn't say it is ugly by and means. But it is my preference that it blends in with the painted surfaces giving a more uniform look. Honestly I think all if the color choices Mazda offers are great and look good with the trim whether it's contrast or blends in.
    I like the trim (cladding) and to my eyes I want it to contrast against a lighter paint color. To each their own!
    19 CX-5 Signature
    Snowflake White Pearl (aka “white”)

Registered Member

2017 CX5 GT AWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker7 View Post
    Went with Machine Gray as it hides the ugly unpainted plastic trim the best of the available colors.
    My wife cannot stand the black plastic cladding...went with Machine Gray as well for this reason.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Eternal Blue, Machine Gray, and then Black for me. Probably would have snagged the Sky Blue Mica if it hadn't been discontinued...

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Eternal Blue, Machine Gray, and then Black for me. Probably would have snagged the Sky Blue Mica if it hadn't been discontinued...
    Sky Blue was fantastic, 2014 had good blues. I can't stand the Eternal Blue or Blue Reflex they replaced it with.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 82k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

CX-5

How I picked a color was a little "backwards" IMO; let me explain. My wife and I really liked the red but I didn't like all of the complaints about the paint chipping. Thought about the machine grey next but decided against for two simple reasons: 1) didn't like how it looked on the lot on an overcast day while it was dirty, and 2) it is a specialty color too. Didn't want white because it was going to replace a white truck and white is almost as bad as black in keeping it looking clean (at least to me) plus another specialty color.

I was going to get the Deep Blue but it was very close to one I had several years ago that was also hard to keep clean looking and it showed swirls very badly. So I basically backed into the Eternal Blue since both my wife and I could agree on it. It seemed just OK.

However, I've been surprised how it has grown on me and have gotten compliments on the color. However, I was hoping it wouldn't show dirt as easily .... it DOES!!!

Registered Member

CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Sky Blue was fantastic, 2014 had good blues. I can't stand the Eternal Blue or Blue Reflex they replaced it with.
    I would have loved to see the Sky Blue as it shows really nice. Does anyone have a photo of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker7 View Post
    Went with Machine Gray as it hides the ugly unpainted plastic trim the best of the available colors.
    I'd argue black blends it better. Also a consideration when I got black.

Registered Member

2018 CX 5 TOURING

My color thinking: white - too common + $; med grey - like all rental cars; red - theft and ticket magnet + $; light blue - pretty, but a bit feminine; black - too harsh; metallic grey - also somewhat common, and a bit dull on cloudy days + $; dark blue - my choice! - a bit too dark maybe, but warm and sophisticated without the harshness of black - LOL! I just like blue!

I do love that dark blue and was my first choice. I saw one in a parking lot and with the lighting of the day I was like "Is is black? Is it blue? " Had to get close to see.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by russbert View Post

However, I've been surprised how it has grown on me and have gotten compliments on the color. However, I was hoping it wouldn't show dirt as easily .... it DOES!!!
    I*ve grown to love the color as well, along with compliments. May I suggest a product like Car Pro Essence, maybe even topped with Reload. The dust literally sits on top of the paint with it and is easily wiped off with a microfiber towel or duster. The car used to get dirty within a couple days, now all I*ve done is wipe it weekly with the duster real quick, and it*s still as clean as a couple of weeks ago...

Registered Member

I also liked the dark blue, but it was only available with parchment interior at the time, and that*s a big hell to the naw...

Donated: $15

CX-5 Touring 2016.5

Dark Blue with Parchment looks very rich and statesmanlike when cleaned and waxed. In low light it looks black though.
    Can't wait to wash / polish / ceramic coat it once my workload reduces a bit.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast