Cx5 external color

I*ve had thousands of objects bounce of my Sonic and after 9 months and 7000 miles it is absolutely unmarked. I think the paint is bulletproof! With the wheels painted (they copied mine) and the underrun guards, I think it has kept better than some colours might.

1-EB9109-D-73-ED-4-ADF-8-EB2-EEB55617663-D.jpg

I*ve had thousands of objects bounce of my Sonic and after 9 months and 7000 miles it is absolutely unmarked. I think the paint is bulletproof! With the wheels painted (they copied mine) and the underrun guards, I think it has kept better than some colours might.

1-EB9109-D-73-ED-4-ADF-8-EB2-EEB55617663-D.jpg

I'm liking those wheels.

Another pet dislike of mine is black wheels...I'm still living with the pizza wheels which I'm possibly getting used to now .

I'm liking those wheels.

Another pet dislike of mine is black wheels...I'm still living with the pizza wheels which I'm possibly getting used to now .

They'll look better if you stop thinking of them as pizza wheels.
I know, easier said than done.

really like the Bumper trims on the Cx-5, a must get option for me when i pick mine's up!

I went with Red and I love it. It's easy to spot in a parking lot with tons of white, silver, and black cars. I also really like the way this looks in white.
Hmm, I also love the red (I bought one) but Im the opposite on the white, I think its one of the worst CX-5 colors along with black.

I went with the Soul Red Crystal, and I LOVE it. I haven't even had it for two weeks and I've gotten multiple compliments on the color.

Went with Machine Gray as it hides the ugly unpainted plastic trim the best of the available colors.

Which plastic trim is this referring to?

I'm bet he's referring to the trim around the wheels, the rocker panels and maybe the lower front fascia. I wouldn't say it is ugly by and means. But it is my preference that it blends in with the painted surfaces giving a more uniform look. Honestly I think all if the color choices Mazda offers are great and look good with the trim whether it's contrast or blends in.

If you are to choose CX 5 external color. Which one would select from the available colors?

The precision of your wording pleases me greatly.

I am honestly not sure. I've only been picky about the color of 2 vehicles. I wanted my 370Z in what you Mazda folks would call "Machine Grey", and my Z06 in "Arctic White" (a true white, with no pearl or metal).

I would likely pick machine gray if I had a choice of multiple colors, for a CX5.

I'm bet he's referring to the trim around the wheels, the rocker panels and maybe the lower front fascia. I wouldn't say it is ugly by and means. But it is my preference that it blends in with the painted surfaces giving a more uniform look. Honestly I think all if the color choices Mazda offers are great and look good with the trim whether it's contrast or blends in.

I like the trim (cladding) and to my eyes I want it to contrast against a lighter paint color. To each their own!

Eternal Blue, Machine Gray, and then Black for me. Probably would have snagged the Sky Blue Mica if it hadn't been discontinued...

Eternal Blue, Machine Gray, and then Black for me. Probably would have snagged the Sky Blue Mica if it hadn't been discontinued...
Sky Blue was fantastic, 2014 had good blues. I can't stand the Eternal Blue or Blue Reflex they replaced it with.

How I picked a color was a little "backwards" IMO; let me explain. My wife and I really liked the red but I didn't like all of the complaints about the paint chipping. Thought about the machine grey next but decided against for two simple reasons: 1) didn't like how it looked on the lot on an overcast day while it was dirty, and 2) it is a specialty color too. Didn't want white because it was going to replace a white truck and white is almost as bad as black in keeping it looking clean (at least to me) plus another specialty color.

I was going to get the Deep Blue but it was very close to one I had several years ago that was also hard to keep clean looking and it showed swirls very badly. So I basically backed into the Eternal Blue since both my wife and I could agree on it. It seemed just OK.

However, I've been surprised how it has grown on me and have gotten compliments on the color. However, I was hoping it wouldn't show dirt as easily .... it DOES!!!

Back