Cx5 external color

My color thinking: white - too common + $; med grey - like all rental cars; red - theft and ticket magnet + $; light blue - pretty, but a bit feminine; black - too harsh; metallic grey - also somewhat common, and a bit dull on cloudy days + $; dark blue - my choice! - a bit too dark maybe, but warm and sophisticated without the harshness of black - LOL! I just like blue!

I do love that dark blue and was my first choice. I saw one in a parking lot and with the lighting of the day I was like "Is is black? Is it blue? " Had to get close to see.

However, I've been surprised how it has grown on me and have gotten compliments on the color. However, I was hoping it wouldn't show dirt as easily .... it DOES!!!

I*ve grown to love the color as well, along with compliments. May I suggest a product like Car Pro Essence, maybe even topped with Reload. The dust literally sits on top of the paint with it and is easily wiped off with a microfiber towel or duster. The car used to get dirty within a couple days, now all I*ve done is wipe it weekly with the duster real quick, and it*s still as clean as a couple of weeks ago...

I also liked the dark blue, but it was only available with parchment interior at the time, and that*s a big hell to the naw...

Dark Blue with Parchment looks very rich and statesmanlike when cleaned and waxed. In low light it looks black though.
Can't wait to wash / polish / ceramic coat it once my workload reduces a bit.

My avatar is the old "Mazda smile". Color of the car is what it is.

Mine is black.

...eternal blue. It is an interesting color, depending on the light it looks dark or bright. I love this color.

I'm normally drawn to white but wanted some color so I went with Eternal Blue. It appears dark in the sun but a brighter blue under gray skies. Have already received a number of compliments on the color with a dark interior.

My old CX-5 was Aluminium Metallic Mica, a darker silver color which I loved. The new CX-5 color upgrade was to Sonic Silver which was way to bright for me. So. I decided on either Deep Crystal Blue Mica or Titanium Flash Mica(a dark metallic brown color). When I went in to my local dealer to do the trade-in the Deep Blue one was gone!!! I went for the Titanium Flash Mica. After a good wax it it looks absolutely awesome!!! Titanium Flash Mica looks like something you might see on a luxury European vehicle.

Last edited:
Our's is Deep Crystal Blue Mica. It was my wife's choice, but it's really starting to grow on me. It looks stunning when clean.

Indeed it does! Here's mine.
IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:
Sonic Silver;
If it's cloudy, it will look Silver
If it's blue skies - it will look Cool blue silver
At sunset - it will look like orange/red/silver
high noon it looks White / silver.

We have a 16.5 in Deep Crystal Blue with the Parchment interior. Lease is up in August and the wife's top choice is Sonic Silver. My vote would be for Ceramic Metallic, are you listening Mazda? :D

My old CX-5 was Aluminium Metallic Mica, a darker silver color which I loved.

That was the only silver CX-5 I thought actually looked good. I agree the newer silvers are too light by comparison.

Given a choice I would've picked the Soul Red. But we were shopping Certified Pre-Owned, so we couldn't get too choosy with colors. We ended up with Crystal White Pearl, which would have been my second choice anyways. The only color that was 100% off the table was black.

Sonic Silver. With our 5 to 6 months of winter silver colours mask the salt and dirty slush better than darker colours. Also I noticed over time that there seems to be fewer silver CX-5*s so I won*t see myself constantly.

16 Black. 17-19 Dk Blue Cuz it would look cool after I blacked out the chrome.[emoji6]

HEY friend, mind to share a few pictures of your blacked out chrome look with your CX-5? I am actually looking for the same color of car and DO THE EXACT SAME with "removing" the chrome.

Thanks!!

Back