Is my cx5 brake pads wore out level normal?

chlalex

:
Mazda CX-5 Turing 2018
I just get the first service done for my 2018 cx5 FWD in the dealer. the mileage is at 6400 miles after half year's driving.
The report says my "brake linings(MM)" are all at 8mm. After digging into the forum for a while, I suppose the new pads start from 12mm. if the legit replace limit is 3mm, then I'll have to replace them at around 14,400 miles. It seems wear out too quickly, doesn't it?

The road condition is 2/3 highway and 1/3 city. I use a lot Adaptive Cruise on the highway. Should I use them less in the future?

Last edited:
I really doubt the pads are worn anywhere near that much at such a low mileage unless someone rides the brakes alot.My guess is the tech just wrote in the numbers or checked a box without pulling a front and rear wheel to get an accurate measurement.I wouldn't worry about it and see what they show on your next service.I have 34,000 on my original pads and do 90% in town /local driving and figure I probably have another 10,000 miles left on them. Jmaz

Front pads start out much thicker than rears. The lube tech was probably lazy and eyeballed the brakes on one rear wheel and used that number for all 4

Thank you guys. I'm not worried as much now. I'll check what it says in the next report.

Back