Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light leakage on HVAC controls

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by doopie View Post

Funny, at the top of my page is an ad for this book.
    to OP's defense, he did mention it was cosmetic and just wanted help from the forum to check if it was the norm or if he was just unlucky... I'd be pissed to if you just spent $30+ on a car and have to see that everyday... It does indeed look like the temperature gauge panel is not flush with the bezel and there is a gap and you can see the backlight.. Which can be annoying if you have to see it everyday... I don't think Mazda meant it to be like that... It should be pure black with just the temp number..no thin white line under the driver temp reading
    Last edited by blackcx5; 01-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Light leakage on HVAC controls

Quote Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulZooms View Post
    First world problems LOL
    Not if itís a new $30k+ car. Expenses like that deserve to have high standards.
    Agreed.

And for 2019 CX-5 Signature, itís a new $35K+ car.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Light leakage on HVAC controls

Quote Originally Posted by blwag View Post
    ⋯ As a side note, does anyone know how much of the dash they'd have to pull out to replace it?
    Although itís different, the Automatic Climate Control of my gen-1 CX-5 have had an issue on LCD fan speed display as the bars was disappeared for the first two. The whole control panel needed to be replaced and the dealer cost was $700~$800 not including the labor. The whole center console needed to be taken apart and I didnít want to see it. But I felt the certified Mazda mechanic should do a good job as he should know how to do it properly without damaging any plastic tabs. Even if he did, I didnít want to know.

And I agree with paris1, itís a manufacture cosmetic defect and youíd better bring it up to your Mazda dealer ASAP if you want to get it replaced.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

I stopped by the dealership this morning and had the service manager take a look. He said, "Oh yeah, that's definitely not right. I would want that fixed too if it were my car." He agreed that it was probably just a misalignment on the display, however the repair would be to replace the whole assembly.

It probably helps that being a new car with only 400 miles, it will be easy to bill it out to Mazda and make the dealership money on the repair. It probably didn't hurt that the main reason I was stopping by was to bring back an entire roll of tint that a tech left in my back when I had a clear bra installed earlier in the week. Parts have been ordered and he'll schedule an appointment once they arrive.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.
    Last edited by blwag; 01-12-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12