2017~2024 Cargo cover (Tonneau cover) review

SndChsr

:
2017 CX-5 GT
For anyone looking for a non OEM cargo cover, I just got this one. It's the closest you'll get to the OEM without paying the OEM price. I'm happy with it. The difference between this one and the others is that much like the OEM one, this has the flaps in the front to hide the space between the cover bar and the rear seats. These flaps also recline back along with the rear seats when being reclined. These often are out of stock on Amazon so I'm providing links to amazon as well as ebay.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

This is almost identical to the OEM design, with the main difference being that the OEM one has a see-through mesh on the bottom which allows you to see the inside of the passenger cabin when you open the hatch. No big deal to me and not worth the huge difference in price.

1.jpg" alt="1" border="0">

2.jpg" alt="2" border="0">

3.jpg" alt="3" border="0">

Thought I'd share.

I recently bought and installed these too and I agree with OP, definitely worth it. No gaps and does a great job covering the cargo when hatch is closed.

That descriptions does not list your model year.

How did you know it would fit?

I've noticed that there are lots of aftermarket CX-5 products out there with gaps in M.Y. application. I've had some state that they fit the 2019 in the description, but then prompt to enter Make/Year/Model to verity and indicate "Not for your car."

And that price is a lot less than the $250 the dealer charges. Heck, it's less than a third.

That descriptions does not list your model year.

How did you know it would fit?

I've noticed that there are lots of aftermarket CX-5 products out there with gaps in M.Y. application. I've had some state that they fit the 2019 in the description, but then prompt to enter Make/Year/Model to verity and indicate "Not for your car."

And that price is a lot less than the $250 the dealer charges. Heck, it's less than a third.

Oddly, when I purchased mine I'm sure it showed 2017-2019 so I went back and checked my purchase along with OP's link and it's showing a much older year. I went off with the model year it showed originally along with the review from a 2019 Sig owner that it fit perfectly.

Oddly, when I purchased mine I'm sure it showed 2017-2019 so I went back and checked my purchase along with OP's link and it's showing a much older year. I went off with the model year it showed originally along with the review from a 2019 Sig owner that it fit perfectly.

I tell you, I see so many weird things on accessories for these cars.
You should try deciphering which dash-mount/vent-mount cell phone holders will fit.
And it's good to know I'm not going nuts, with all the morphing product descriptions.

That being said, I am not happy with my Weathertech purchases. Silly me for relying on perceived market rep.

I find it ridiculous that the cargo cover is not a standard item on the GT and up models. Glad to see there are other options.

Back