2017 Blind spot monitor issues.

beckster

:
CX-5 Sport 6 Speed
2017 Mazda3 5 door, 6 speed with 35k miles, purchased private party in May 2018 with 23k. Northeast US. Been a great car, but one very annoying issue I've been having is that the passenger side blind spot monitor stays light up when with no car next to me/behind me in the right lane for minutes. If I signal to move into the right lane, it will beep at me too. Basically how it acts when a vehicle is in your blind spot, but there is no vehicle. It's an intermittent issue. I wash my car every other week and it happens in all weather conditions, even when it's sparkling clean on a sunny day. I'm sure the dealer will just say they couldn't duplicate. It has not been in any accidents. Has anyone else has issues?

You might want to wait until you need them (dealership) to do something else. However, if it's not too inconvenient, leave the car with them for a full day. Hopefully, though it shouldn't require too much effort on their part to duplicate the conditions (in the shop) under which the sensor should and shouldn't work and swap out the sensor if necessary.

Back