Exhaust

Nope.
They way I see it, they are a waste of money especially for this car.
Technically stock should never rust as it is stainless steal, so forever it will remain stock on mine :)
At least will see how long forever lasts.

Sorry not for me. I am fine with mine

Neighbor got a new one - with like 15k miles and is building it up
I gave him this site address

He wants one. He showed me a dual exhaust in Europe

Just installed a CAI this afternoon....with the generic exhaust you see in my other post, I will need a ECU remap pretty soon.

With exhaust only: the drone is annoying, the dynamat is doing great job here
Add CAI: no air sucking sound like other car, mainly because if I use large MAF pipe, it will throw a CEL. I am stuck with 63mm MAF pipe.

The remap, hopefully, will allow me to use a 70mm MAF. I have heard good things about remapping the 2.0L, can't wait to do it soon.

The exhaust is from China, it was US$90 for an axle back exhaust and they let me choose whatever tips I like.
The Mazda3 and 5 should share the same exhaust, I could be wrong, the Mazda 5 diffuser is not designed for nice exhaust tips.

An exhaust won't give you a lot of extra power and likely will sacrifice your ear drum. Your neighbour should consider a remote cut-out exhaust instead of replacing the unit.

Just so you all know the stainless on most every production class platforms form auto manufactures is not medical grade stainless steel and has iron which will rust to some degree. Just go see if a magnet will stick to it. LOL And yes even the SKYACTIVE exhaust can be improved if you use the carefully considered parts and not those available exhaust kits like CAT backs which as far as I have seen will most like lower the engine efficient below 5,000 RPM and probably kill the top end? The 1500-4000 rpm is where most everyone runs there engine most often on the street. IMHO most of those kits are all about what they look like and the sound they make however for BUTT DYNO's reporters they will claim often feeling an improvement. There are much better things to spend money on. As for a ECU calibration "toooon" consideration with any platform for a car driven primarily on the street it should be almost the last investment to be made.

Sorry not for me. I am fine with mine
Neighbor got a new one - with like 15k miles and is building it up
I gave him this site address
He wants one. He showed me a dual exhaust in Europe

Interesting and I can see as wrong car choice for a build :)
Putting money into upgrades that devalue the car with no resale market after the fact....
Would be most fun changing that cash into $1 bills and setting a nice fire.
I'm sooo optimistic (wrc) ahhahaha.

It is his money
I don*t judge what others do with theirs

He asked me for options on exhaust
Thus I posted it here

I sent him two European exhaust links

Most people think I am an idiot for buying a crappy quality, loud, slow mazda5 when I have so many other tier 1 choices. Who cares

Interesting and I can see as wrong car choice for a build :)
Putting money into upgrades that devalue the car with no resale market after the fact....
Would be most fun changing that cash into $1 bills and setting a nice fire.
I'm sooo optimistic (wrc) ahhahaha.

Nope.
They way I see it, they are a waste of money especially for this car.
Technically stock should never rust as it is stainless steal, so forever it will remain stock on mine :)
At least will see how long forever lasts.

LOL "never rust"
My flange rusted thru

Last edited:
Back