Complete freak out, all lights, all gauges, won't start

gdizzle

:
Mazda CX5 2014
Ok forgive my newness, but I bought a used CX5 2014, 5 months ago. I think the infotainment system is a joke, and the bluetooth is idiotic. But I am old and prolly don't understand it all. All I know is my iPhone is running Waze, and I have bluetooth paired, and when I listen to the car radio the Waze instructions NEVER come through the Speaker system.
I digress, last night I was in the car, engine off, setting up the radio with presets, the lights were on, maybe 15 minutes and then all of a sudden all of the lights start strobing, headlights start flickering and moving, and the touchscreen goes flashy, un responsive. I try to start the car, nothing.
I end up having to jump start the car and now seems to be ok. But what in the heck happened? There was no low battery alert, but all sorts of alerts about check my key fob etc... Any ideas?

I would also check the battery cables for tightness and acid deposits and see how old it is...

For the Waze issue, the speakers will only output audio from the source that the system is tuned to. So if you're listening to the radio, you won't hear anything from the AUX input or the Bluetooth input. A way around this is to stream radio from your phone. That way all audio (Waze and radio) are coming through via Bluetooth.

For the Waze issue, the speakers will only output audio from the source that the system is tuned to. So if you're listening to the radio, you won't hear anything from the AUX input or the Bluetooth input. A way around this is to stream radio from your phone. That way all audio (Waze and radio) are coming through via Bluetooth.

Thats not entirely true. It depends on the setting in Waze and if the car supports it.

22f6c398dd889145b73f1871f6e2ad26.jpg

Back