Thread: Complete freak out, all lights, all gauges, won't start

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 2014

Complete freak out, all lights, all gauges, won't start

Ok forgive my newness, but I bought a used CX5 2014, 5 months ago. I think the infotainment system is a joke, and the bluetooth is idiotic. But I am old and prolly don't understand it all. All I know is my iPhone is running Waze, and I have bluetooth paired, and when I listen to the car radio the Waze instructions NEVER come through the Speaker system.
    I digress, last night I was in the car, engine off, setting up the radio with presets, the lights were on, maybe 15 minutes and then all of a sudden all of the lights start strobing, headlights start flickering and moving, and the touchscreen goes flashy, un responsive. I try to start the car, nothing.
    I end up having to jump start the car and now seems to be ok. But what in the heck happened? There was no low battery alert, but all sorts of alerts about check my key fob etc... Any ideas?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Iíd have the battery checked and stick a new battery in the key fob to start.

Registered Member

Red 2016 CX-5 GT Teck Isense

I would also check the battery cables for tightness and acid deposits and see how old it is...

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Sport

It probably needs a new battery. It is not unusual for a battery to reach the end of its life at 4 or 5 years. It's not a bad idea to buy one of those tiny lithium car jumper batteries. They have come a long way in cranking power. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwA78cGULDY

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 2014

battery appear to be original but I dont see any markings on it without removing it.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Get one, at Costco.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

For the Waze issue, the speakers will only output audio from the source that the system is tuned to. So if you're listening to the radio, you won't hear anything from the AUX input or the Bluetooth input. A way around this is to stream radio from your phone. That way all audio (Waze and radio) are coming through via Bluetooth.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    For the Waze issue, the speakers will only output audio from the source that the system is tuned to. So if you're listening to the radio, you won't hear anything from the AUX input or the Bluetooth input. A way around this is to stream radio from your phone. That way all audio (Waze and radio) are coming through via Bluetooth.
    Thatís not entirely true. It depends on the setting in Waze and if the car supports it.

Donated: $25

2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by jthj View Post
    That*s not entirely true. It depends on the setting in Waze and if the car supports it.
    Interesting, didn't know you could do that with Waze.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.