Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Year, New Projects

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

New Year, New Projects

What are you guys looking forwards to this year for mods? Where are all of our KF chassis owners who are modding?

Registered Member

CX5 GT-R

Not car related, but building a 12.5" SBR in conjunction with Hodge Defense. Ordered my ATACR 1-8, and two 11.5" rails today to see which one I like/keep. Other than that, just paying off my last CC is about my only goal this year.

2019 CX-5 GT 184 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

My car will continue to meet the legislation it was manufactured to. Any accessories fitted are genuine Mazda (for example the front and rear underrun embellishments) so also are type approved.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    What are you guys looking forwards to this year for mods? Where are all of our KF chassis owners who are modding?
    Well I'm not a KF, but I'd love to tighten up my ride a little bit, get a tune, that sort of thing. But I don't know how to do any of that, and it's not on my budget radar at the moment.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 82k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

With the new law, I have to forget about the CS muffler, that I was planning to get.

Registered Member

16.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech BRMica

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    My car will continue to meet the legislation it was manufactured to. Any accessories fitted are genuine Mazda (for example the front and rear underrun embellishments) so also are type approved.
    Yay for you...

I/we could add a very long list of mods, both suspension and engine performance, and still meet the *legislation* it was manufactured to...

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    With the new law, I have to forget about the CS muffler, that I was planning to get.
    I don*t see how that muffler couldn*t be under 95, that*s fairly loud, however, I know a dickhead cop wouldn*t care, nor are they probably equipped with meters to check. It*s a judgment call, and the picked on kid who became a cop will always win, or if not, your wallet still suffers anyways to defend it...

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 GT

I'm picking up a project car that will likely consume my spring/summer. A 2008 R32.

As for the CX5, I plan on blacking out some of the gaudy chrome trim and maybe a set of 20" wheels if the budget permits. I'd also like to get a clear wrap up front to help keep the paint chips at bay.
    2018 Mazda CX-5 GT
    2016 Mazda CX-5 T -- sold
    2015 Yamaha FZ09 (Melisandre)
    2012 Yamaha R6 (Lucy) -- laid to rest
    2009 Mazda 3 (Fireball)
    1998 Chevy S-10 (Cindy)

2017 CX-5 GT AWD Tech

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    I don*t see how that muffler couldn*t be under 95, that*s fairly loud, however, I know a dickhead cop wouldn*t care, nor are they probably equipped with meters to check. It*s a judgment call, and the picked on kid who became a cop will always win, or if not, your wallet still suffers anyways to defend it...
    Agreed. But if they don't have meters, they will have a hard time with enforcement in court. Doesn't mean they won't hassle anyone they want to. Even if you beat it in court, you still lose.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post
    I'm picking up a project car that will likely consume my spring/summer. A 2008 R32.

As for the CX5, I plan on blacking out some of the gaudy chrome trim and maybe a set of 20" wheels if the budget permits. I'd also like to get a clear wrap up front to help keep the paint chips at bay.
    Very nice. Would love to see pics when you get the wheels and de-chroming done. I wholeheartedly agree that there is too much gaudy chrome trim on the CX-5 now.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mox44ah View Post

Wait what's an R32? With 2008 it's definitely not a Skyline lol.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

CX Moderator

Well I've got a trio (technically quartet) of performance in mind. I'll reveal as I progress.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Wait what's an R32? With 2008 it's definitely not a Skyline lol.
    A VW Golf, now simply called R.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonLewis View Post
    Not taking chances. I have just paid a ticket, that cost me $327 + traffic school. All this, because I have rolled over the white line, at the stop sign, when turning right. At 6AM, in dark and dense fog(!).

CX Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    Not taking chances. I have just paid a ticket, that cost me $327 + traffic school. All this, because I have rolled over the white line, at the stop sign, when turning right. At 6AM, in dark and dense fog(!).
    Rip I just got a warning on a roll road (local pd) while driving out of town to my uni to get books. I realized he was giving me a heads up because of a load of state troopers on the following 50 miles lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast