New Year, New Projects

Chris_Top_Her

Banned
Contributor
:
San Antonio, Texas
:
'15 CX-5 Miata AWD
What are you guys looking forwards to this year for mods? Where are all of our KF chassis owners who are modding?

Not car related, but building a 12.5" SBR in conjunction with Hodge Defense. Ordered my ATACR 1-8, and two 11.5" rails today to see which one I like/keep. Other than that, just paying off my last CC is about my only goal this year.

My car will continue to meet the legislation it was manufactured to. Any accessories fitted are genuine Mazda (for example the front and rear underrun embellishments) so also are type approved.

What are you guys looking forwards to this year for mods? Where are all of our KF chassis owners who are modding?

Well I'm not a KF, but I'd love to tighten up my ride a little bit, get a tune, that sort of thing. But I don't know how to do any of that, and it's not on my budget radar at the moment.

With the new law, I have to forget about the CS muffler, that I was planning to get.

My car will continue to meet the legislation it was manufactured to. Any accessories fitted are genuine Mazda (for example the front and rear underrun embellishments) so also are type approved.

Yay for you...

I/we could add a very long list of mods, both suspension and engine performance, and still meet the *legislation* it was manufactured to...

With the new law, I have to forget about the CS muffler, that I was planning to get.

I don*t see how that muffler couldn*t be under 95, that*s fairly loud, however, I know a dickhead cop wouldn*t care, nor are they probably equipped with meters to check. It*s a judgment call, and the picked on kid who became a cop will always win, or if not, your wallet still suffers anyways to defend it...

I'm picking up a project car that will likely consume my spring/summer. A 2008 R32.

As for the CX5, I plan on blacking out some of the gaudy chrome trim and maybe a set of 20" wheels if the budget permits. I'd also like to get a clear wrap up front to help keep the paint chips at bay.

I don*t see how that muffler couldn*t be under 95, that*s fairly loud, however, I know a dickhead cop wouldn*t care, nor are they probably equipped with meters to check. It*s a judgment call, and the picked on kid who became a cop will always win, or if not, your wallet still suffers anyways to defend it...

Agreed. But if they don't have meters, they will have a hard time with enforcement in court. Doesn't mean they won't hassle anyone they want to. Even if you beat it in court, you still lose.

I'm picking up a project car that will likely consume my spring/summer. A 2008 R32.

As for the CX5, I plan on blacking out some of the gaudy chrome trim and maybe a set of 20" wheels if the budget permits. I'd also like to get a clear wrap up front to help keep the paint chips at bay.

Very nice. Would love to see pics when you get the wheels and de-chroming done. I wholeheartedly agree that there is too much gaudy chrome trim on the CX-5 now.

Wait what's an R32? With 2008 it's definitely not a Skyline lol.

Well I've got a trio (technically quartet) of performance in mind. I'll reveal as I progress.

Not taking chances. I have just paid a ticket, that cost me $327 + traffic school. All this, because I have rolled over the white line, at the stop sign, when turning right. At 6AM, in dark and dense fog(!).

Not taking chances. I have just paid a ticket, that cost me $327 + traffic school. All this, because I have rolled over the white line, at the stop sign, when turning right. At 6AM, in dark and dense fog(!).

Rip I just got a warning on a roll road (local pd) while driving out of town to my uni to get books. I realized he was giving me a heads up because of a load of state troopers on the following 50 miles lol

I've always subscribe to the do not mod the daily driver motto, maintain and keep it clean only...

...looking at a louder exhaust for my 5.0 tho before the Cali laws come up here. :)

I've always subscribe to the do not mod the daily driver motto, maintain and keep it clean only...

...looking at a louder exhaust for my 5.0 tho before the Cali laws come up here. :)

Borla and Magnaflow. Anything but Flowmaster.

Back