Looks like I'm getting a CX-9 as a work vehicle...

utvolman99

:
2015 BMW 328xi
So, I'm starting a new job and get a work vehicle. I was told that I had to stay below $40K "all in", my only restriction was no convertibles and no sports cars. First I looked at the Grand Cherokee and the Durango but for my budget, I would be in cloth seats and 2wd. Next I drove the new 2019 edge and it was nice. However, none were as nice as the CX-9. I was honestly surprised how sharp this thing is. So now, I'm waiting to see if the leasing company can find what I'm looking for for under $40K. They can supposedly strike some pretty good deals. I listed my preference as follows. 2019 Grand Touring, 2018 Signature, 2018 Grand Touring.

Just thought I would drop in and introduce myself, pretty excited as this is my first corporate vehicle.

That's awesome!! Is there any reason why you are considering vehicles of this size as opposed to a sedan?

Hopefully they can get you into the 19 GT (I think that trim comes with the 360 camera). All of those are excellent options though. Congrats on the new job as well! What line of work are you in?

Hopefully they can get you into the 19 GT (I think that trim comes with the 360 camera). All of those are excellent options though. Congrats on the new job as well! What line of work are you in?

Yeah, I drove the 19 GT and the surround camera was really nice, as were the ventilated seats. I am an Operations Director for a manufacturing company. It's just a perk, I don't really travel for my job.

That's awesome!! Is there any reason why you are considering vehicles of this size as opposed to a sedan?

I currently drive a 2015 BMW 328xi and even though I only paid $28K for it with 15K miles, there is nothing I could get for $40K new that would really compare (for me anyway). Also, I have a 3, 6 and 8 year old, so this will also be an alternative to always taking the minivan.

Yeah, I drove the 19 GT and the surround camera was really nice, as were the ventilated seats. I am an Operations Director for a manufacturing company. It's just a perk, I don't really travel for my job.

Yeah, I ended up getting a great deal on a 2018 Signature with CarPlay installed but I really wish I had the 360 camera. It would be very useful.

Its actually not that much. Its $40K all in cost for the car. A leasing company buys it and my company leases it from them. I would say they are paying $600 a month.

It*s actually not that much. It*s $40K all in cost for the car. A leasing company buys it and my company leases it from them. I would say they are paying $600 a month.

I just mean that companies that provide company cars usually provide more basic transportation. Think base Chevy Malibu or Ford Escape or something. Just something vanilla to get you A-B. Not something with plush leather, every electronic goody, etc.

Any of 2018-2019 GT's or Signatures are great. I got a 2018 GT AWD leftover that had some dealer miles so I went that way and saved some money. I had them install the Apple car play as part of the deal so that's there and seems to be the big item that was missing. My car was built 5/18 so now with car play installed I consider mine a 2018.5 lol. The 360 camera is good to have but can't see myself using it on that many occasions and you really have to look at it hard as it is not super clear. I'll miss the vented seats on super hot days and the folding mirrors is a great option as well on the 2019's but I can live without them because I have been. The car is great. Driving it is actually enjoyable and can be fun on the right roads. It's by far the best looking and best handling of it's type and it does compare to some of the luxury brands out there. Sure the Audi Q7 is great too but is it 20k better? And that car comes with a turbo 4 cylinder and no one picks on it not being a V6. The critics have to let that go. It's their only real knock on the car and its just not applicable. The CX-9 has plenty of power for real world driving in this type of vehicle and a half second on a 0-60 time is meaningless. Towing capacity at 3500 lbs is realistic for a vehicle this size.

I would take the 19 GT over 18 Sig. The upgrades on the 19 are worth the trade off. Vented seats, folding mirrors, AA/Carplay, 360 camera (bad quality).

Back