How to retain all factory options / accessories with aftermarket head unit?

scottfern

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 Touring
I have a 2016 CX-5 Touring and I wanted to upgrade to the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX for wireless AA but wanted to retain as much of my factory options as possible (steering wheel controls, OEM backup camera, lock/light settings, factory GPS antenna). Is there a part list or site I can use to retain all my factory options? I used crutchfield but they didn't list the backup camera or maestro.

Last edited:
i also want to know. i did the aa/carplay upgrade on the stock HU. im not impress.
Im looking at some 10" HU from china looks nice but uncertain if it could still adjust the stock settings, etc.

As an FYI, I bought a 2016 CX-5 AWD sport model with no options for my son. Had Best Buy install a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX for Android Auto/Apple Play and an aftermarket backup camera. These are the parts that they had me order for the install - again, my car has pretty much no options except steering controls so take it for what it's worth. I just installed a Kenwood in my daughters Subaru Outback through Crutchfield and they sent me a Maestro unit to program the steering wheel controls (no backup camera).

AXXESS - Steering Wheel Control Interface - Black
Model:ASWC-1

Metra - Turbo Wiring Harness for Most 2001 and Later Mazda Vehicles - Black
Model:70-7903

Metra - Antenna Adapter Cable for Most 2005 and Later Honda Vehicles - Black
Model:40-HD10

Metra - License Plate Back-Up Camera - Black
Model:BBBPC

My suggestion is to go to Crutchfields and go into a chat with one of the advisors. That's what I did for the Subaru install and he went through everything that I needed. Would also highly recommend their wiring service. They did all of connections so the install was pretty much plug and play after programming the Maestro interface.

Last edited:
Hello, sorry to hijack your thread but I'm hoping someone can help me. My question is basically the same you posed, I have a 2013 JDM Mazda CX 5 and I installed a Pioneer head unit. The problem I'm having is figuring out the harness for the backup camera (K015-67-RC0A).
Based on the connector that is attached to the actual camera, it has 4 wires coming out, red-black-white-yellow. Does anyone know if these colors are as straight forward as they suggest, red +, black -, yellow & white for video signal? I just need to confirm which wires are which so I know which goes to power and which I need to put an RCA end on.
Thanks for any help in advance!

I have a 2016 CX-5 Touring and I wanted to upgrade to the Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX for wireless AA but wanted to retain as much of my factory options as possible (steering wheel controls, OEM backup camera, lock/light settings, factory GPS antenna). Is there a part list or site I can use to retain all my factory options? I used crutchfield but they didn't list the backup camera or maestro.
Here is excellent write up by RG_Flyer who installed an aftermarket infotainment system into his 2016 CX-5 Sport. In addition to BlueTooth connection and color touch screen, I believe RG_Flyer also figured out a way to make steering wheel audio controls work with the system! (cool)

Finally! The correct parts for the 2016 CX-5 Sport:

Here is excellent write up by RG_Flyer who installed an aftermarket infotainment system into his 2016 CX-5 Sport. In addition to BlueTooth connection and color touch screen, I believe RG_Flyer also figured out a way to make steering wheel audio controls work with the system! (cool)

Finally! The correct parts for the 2016 CX-5 Sport:

Thanks for that! Crutchfield now has me utterly confused, because Metra website says that the Metra 95-7522B will fit but Crutchfield is saying since my '16 CX-5 Touring vehicle had the option to have the factory navigation so they don't sell a dash kit that works with that trim option? What?!

Has anyone with a 16 CX-5 Touring with factory Nav able to use the Metra 95-7522B?

Hello, sorry to hijack your thread but I'm hoping someone can help me. My question is basically the same you posed, I have a 2013 JDM Mazda CX 5 and I installed a Pioneer head unit. The problem I'm having is figuring out the harness for the backup camera (K015-67-RC0A).
Based on the connector that is attached to the actual camera, it has 4 wires coming out, red-black-white-yellow. Does anyone know if these colors are as straight forward as they suggest, red +, black -, yellow & white for video signal? I just need to confirm which wires are which so I know which goes to power and which I need to put an RCA end on.
Thanks for any help in advance!

Hey guys, does anyone have any knowledge of this?
I've posted a pic of the wiring/connector for reference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190113-103001_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190113-103001_Gallery.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 226
I don't know about Pioneer unit, but Kenwood has a 12V source for backup camera and the factory camera is a 6V camera(!). I'm using a 12V to 6V adapter. I did that connection, but it's been years since than, and I don't remember how it goes.
My car is 5 years old, and the factory camera is getting bad. Hazy., specially at night, or when is raining.
If I would do it again, I would use a better 12V camera.
I have installed one of those Chinese metal housing cameras($16), and it's been great on my wife's car.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
It is bigger, that the factory one, be aware of that. If you can bury it inside and mount it that way, than it would be great.
You could use two wires from that connector, of your choosing. Just use the same colors at each side.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the response, yea the Pioneer units also come with the 12V source for the back up camera. I've already got a 12v to 6v adapter on hand, I really just wanted to know if the color code coming off the actual camera is as it suggests, (red + black for power) and (yellow + white for video). I'm trying to retain the factory camera since it's still showing pretty good, hopefully someone will chime in soon, thanks again man!

Back