Thread: HVAC with Remote Start

Registered Member

19 CX-5 Signature

HVAC with Remote Start

Iím thinking about basic aftermarket remote start for our Signature with the (auto) climate control system.

If I leave the hvac temp up high/low with heat/AC and fan blasting when I shut the car off, will it all come back on as-was when the car is restarted with remote?

Same question for rear window defroster, if itís on when car is turned off will it come back on when remote started?

Guess I could just test these scenarios with basic non-remote start key start? See how it defaults and should be same with remote start?

Thanks.
    19 CX-5 Signature
    Snowflake White Pearl (aka ďwhiteĒ)

Registered Member

CX 5

Quote Originally Posted by kone View Post
    Iím thinking about basic aftermarket remote start for our Signature with the (auto) climate control system.

If I leave the hvac temp up high/low with heat/AC and fan blasting when I shut the car off, will it all come back on as-was when the car is restarted with remote?

Same question for rear window defroster, if itís on when car is turned off will it come back on when remote started?

Guess I could just test these scenarios with basic non-remote start key start? See how it defaults and should be same with remote start?

Thanks.
    Hi @kone,
    AC fan will be at the same speed as when you turned off the engine. Same will apply for the temperature setting.
    The rear defroster will need to be turned on manually when you get in the car, since the heating element is on a timer that activate when you push the switch.