Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad experiene with Mazda CX-5

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    Hey, I get that.
    I've done it on home renovation sites, but the difference is, I reply to the folks that take the time to answer my questions, or, I reply to those that ask me questions looking for further clarification.
    What I don't get is these guys that come on these forums, bitch about stuff, ask a question, and then never come back to acknowledge any responses or help that they were offered.
    No argument there.

Registered Member
    Donated: $15

2016.5 CX 5 Touring AWD, 2015 SCION XB

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzman12 View Post
    Hey, I get that.
    I've done it on home renovation sites, but the difference is, I reply to the folks that take the time to answer my questions, or, I reply to those that ask me questions looking for further clarification.
    What I don't get is these guys that come on these forums, bitch about stuff, ask a question, and then never come back to acknowledge any responses or help that they were offered.
    Yep, one-post wonders are very annoying, they should at least come back and give the rest of us the benefit of their outcome.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

No, the guy has a right to post as many times as he wants. Unfortunately, he had a bad experience with his Mazda and won't be buying another. However, his logic is flawed in thinking that his issue must be reflective of everyones issue (it might be but he provides no data that allows that comparison to be made).
    2014 Silver Mazda CX-5 GT
    2017 Eternal Blue Mazda 3 Touring
    2018 Machine Grey Mazda CX-9 Signature

2018 CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto - Sonic Silver

He doesnít give any details of what meaningful discussion he tried to get with Mazda who are very generous in the U.K. If it had done 72000kms with no record of oil changes then he wouldnít get very far. If there was plenty of supporting evidence, my guess is he would have told us about it. It was his first post on the subject. His previous post was in 2014.

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    He doesn*t give any details of what meaningful discussion he tried to get with Mazda who are very generous in the U.K. If it had done 72000kms with no record of oil changes then he wouldn*t get very far. If there was plenty of supporting evidence, my guess is he would have told us about it. It was his first post on the subject. His previous post was in 2014.
    True. I have known people who never got their oil changed. They did not know you needed to do that.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

17 Mazda 6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    True. I have known people who never got their oil changed. They did not know you needed to do that.
    I might have told this story before, but I worked with a guy that never changed the oil in his Company car.
    Eventually the engine blew, and the dealer (and the Company) refused to pay for the repair.
    He had to pay for a new engine out of his own pocket. No sympathy there. Hopefully lesson learned.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow Bad experiene with Mazda CX-5

OP is talking about the SkyActiv-D diesel. In fact we have had quite a few posts mentioned this no-warning over-heating problem from several countries especially in the hot and humid regions. Mazda hasnít figured out how to resolve the issue and has stopped selling the popular CX-5 diesel such as in Taiwan. The main problem to Mazda is why thereís no overheating warning until itís too late. And yes for gen-1 CX-5 thereís no coolant temperature gauge but just a warning light.

2.2 diesel head gasket ?

Blown head gasket for CX-5 Diesel

Blown radiator, head, head gasket

Registered Member

This is the interwebs. You cannot believe everything you read. A lot of drive by posters can come on and complain about anything to make it sound like the vehicles are junk.

One posters experience is not indicative of a huge problem yet that is how itís perceived.

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT AWD

Ireland/UK is not a hot climate, and cracked engine block is not usually a result of overheating. Head issues from overheating.

OP says no indication of overheating alert, so maybe poor coolant maintenance and it froze and cracked block?

Registered Member

CX5 2.5L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by alphadog00 View Post
    Ireland/UK is not a hot climate, and cracked engine block is not usually a result of overheating. Head issues from overheating.

OP says no indication of overheating alert, so maybe poor coolant maintenance and it froze and cracked block?
    Seems we can speculate all day, OP will let us know who they think is right next year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12